China ready to extend investment in NepalAugust 24th, 2008 - 6:21 pm ICT by ANI
Kathmandu , August 24 (ANI): Chinese President Hu Jintao on Sunday assured Nepal Prime Minister Pushpa Kamal Dahal that China s support for Nepal s development will continue, and added that his countrys is ready to extend investment in private sector in Nepal .
According to Kantipur, Juntao also suggested Dahal in a meeting today that he should work for bringing peace and development in Nepal at same time.
Dahal supported One China policy and said that Nepal will take strong steps to discourage anti-China activities.
Nepal s Ambassador to China Tanka Karki informed the media that Juntao and Dahal had discussions for about half an hour. The Nepal-China bilateral ties and recent political developments in Nepal were some of the topics of discussion.
Earlier today, Prime Minister Dahal conferred with his Chinese counterpart Wen Jiabao.
The Chinese Prime Minister expressed his happiness on Dahals China visit, Karki added.
Nepal Prime Minister left for Beijing on Saturday leading an eleven-member delegation to attend the closing ceremony of the Beijing Olympics. (ANI)
- Chinese premier meets Nepal president, PM (Lead) - Jan 14, 2012
- Hu, Putin discuss bilateral cooperation, strategic tie-ups - Oct 12, 2011
- Merkel concludes China visit - Feb 04, 2012
- Nepal seeks strong economic ties with China (Second Lead) - Dec 26, 2009
- Krishna meets China's would-be PM - Jun 06, 2012
- Nepal PM arrives in China, seeks to boost economic ties (Lead) - Dec 26, 2009
- Chinese PM urges poverty reduction - May 27, 2012
- Ahmadinejad to attend Shanghai summit - Jun 03, 2012
- India touches base with future China PM, maps future ties (Roundup) - Jun 06, 2012
- Nepal PM begins China visit - Dec 26, 2009
- Chinese leaders watch Peking Opera - Dec 30, 2011
- Prachanda to meet Hu Jintao - Aug 22, 2008
- Ahead of Hu's visit, India, China hold talks (Lead) - Mar 01, 2012
- Oz PM Gillard to visit Japan, S. Korea, China and UK - Apr 13, 2011
- China surges ahead with economic diplomacy in Nepal - Aug 18, 2011