Childhood friendship kept Arctic Monkeys togetherAugust 22nd, 2011 - 9:18 am ICT by IANS
London, Aug 22 (IANS) Band members of Arctic Monkeys believe that being friends in their growing up years helped in keeping them together without succumbing to the pressures of fame.
The British quartet - Matt Helders, Jamie Cook, Nick O’Malley and Alex Turner - have been friends since growing up in Sheffield, Britain.
“Our friendship definitely has something to do with it (staying together). We grew up pretty much on the same street. So we’d hung around with each other a long time before we were a band and that helps you bypass a lot of those pitfalls,” femalefirst.co.uk quoted Turner as saying.
However, the “Mardy Bum” hitmakers admit they occasionally row, but think their arguments are normal.
“You’re bound to argue, but I think we get around a lot of that stuff. It’s maybe something about where we’re from. We’re all pretty laid back. Everyone gets aggravated but there aren’t too many tantrums,” said Alex.
- Alexa Chung dating The Strokes' guitarist? - May 09, 2012
- It's splitsville for Alexa Chung, Alex Turner - Aug 01, 2011
- Arctic Monkeys to take break from recording - Aug 27, 2011
- A new man in Alexa Chung's life? - Sep 16, 2011
- Brit man 'strangles girlfriend to death during sex session that went wrong' - Apr 21, 2010
- Arctic Monkeys recording new album in Hollywood - Jan 24, 2011
- Arctic Monkeys' drummer learning guitar - Dec 19, 2011
- Maryland governor in US celebrates Vaisakhi - Apr 28, 2012
- Maryland governor invites Indian investments - Nov 28, 2011
- Virginia is bullish on doing business with India - Mar 11, 2012
- Woman killed as sex session goes wrong - Apr 21, 2010
- 'Iron Man' type robotic exoskeleton to aid recovery in spinal injury patients - Apr 19, 2011
- Future of India, US tied together: Governor of US state - Nov 29, 2011
- Maryland netted $60 mn deals with India - Dec 13, 2011
- Indian American named to top job in Maryland - Aug 04, 2011
Tags: alex turner, arctic monkeys, band members, being friends, british quartet, fame, friendship, jamie cook, laid back, london, long time, mardy bum, matt helders, o malley, pitfalls, sheffield, tantrums