Childhood disease unlikely to have kill Travoltas son, say docsJanuary 3rd, 2009 - 4:29 pm ICT by ANI
New York, January 3 (ANI): Doctors say that the childhood illness that Oscar-winning Hollywood star John Travoltas son Jett had been suffering from, scientifically called
Kawasaki disease, could not be blamed for his death because it was unlikely to cause the boys reported seizure.
“Seizures are not part of Kawasaki disease,” the New York Daily News quoted Dr. Stanford Shulman, a specialist in the disease at Northwestern University’’s Feinberg
School of Medicine, as saying.
“If a teenager had a seizure and died, that would not commonly be due to Kawasaki disease,” the expert added.
Kawasaki disease cleads to fever, rash, red eyes and swollen hands and feet.
The sickness is more common in young boys, and its cause is controversial.
While some, like Jetts actress mother Kelly Preston, think that environmental toxins trigger the symptoms, others blame a virus.
Kawasaki can lead to blood clots and heart attacks later in life if left untreated.
“Nowadays, no more than 2 or 3 percent of cases develop significant coronary artery abnormalities, so deaths are rare, but they do occur,” Shulman said.
Studies conducted in recent past have suggested that seizures may occur in kids suffering from acute Kawasaki disease.
Jetts parents have revealed that their child was rushed to hospital when he was just 2, and diagnosed with the disease.
His mother Kelly Preston revealed that the boy recovered following a detoxification program, though he still had “allergies.”
Police in the Bahamas said on Friday that they were told Jett had a history of seizures. (ANI)
- John Travolta's wife expecting again - May 19, 2010
- Kelly Preston And John Travolta Welcome Baby Boy - Nov 25, 2010
- Kelly Preston And John Travolta Expecting New Member In The Family - May 19, 2010
- John Travolta welcomes third child - Nov 24, 2010
- John Travolta and wife Kelly to name baby boy 'Benjamin' - Nov 08, 2010
- John Travolta And Kelly Preston To Welcome Their Baby Boy In November - Aug 27, 2010
- Scientology helped Travolta cope with son's death - Mar 30, 2010
- Kelly Preston And John Travolta Welcome The Newest Member In Their Family - Nov 24, 2010
- Scientology helped overcome son's death: Preston - Aug 18, 2011
- John Travolta Gets German Appreciation! - Jan 13, 2011
- I am the real victim, says alleged Travolta extortionist - Sep 16, 2010
- John Travolta Expecting Twins? - May 27, 2010
- John Travolta, wife Kelly Preston expecting new baby - May 19, 2010
- Travolta's wife expecting a son - Aug 26, 2010
- Actor John Travolta flies back to Florida with son's ashes - Jan 07, 2009
Tags: actress mother, blood clots, childhood disease, childhood illness, coronary artery abnormalities, detoxification program, feinberg school of medicine, heart attacks, hollywood star, jett, john travoltas son, kawasaki disease, kelly preston, new york daily news, northwestern university, red eyes, school of medicine, shulman, swollen hands, virus kawasaki