Child star Tavarez battling cancerJune 22nd, 2010 - 1:58 pm ICT by IANS
London, June 22 (IANS) Child star Shannon Tavarez, who lent her voice for young Nala in the animated movie “The Lion King”, is battling cancer at the age of 11.
Tavarez was diagnosed with acute leukaemia in April, imdb.com reports.
“When I found out, it hit me really hard, like someone was throwing a ball at me. It was shocking and I thought, why me?” Tavarez said.
She is hospitalised in Schneider Children’s Hospital in Long Island in the US where she receives chemotherapy while awaiting a bone marrow transplant.
- Rihanna, Alicia Keys seek help for cancer patient Tavarez - Jul 09, 2010
- 'Lion King' musical star Shannon Tavares dies at age 11 - Nov 03, 2010
- 'The Lion King' star Shannon Tavarez dies - Nov 03, 2010
- "The Lion King" Star Shannon Tavarez Loses Battle With Leukemia - Nov 03, 2010
- Shannon Tavarez, The Young Broadway Entertainer Dies At 11 - Nov 03, 2010
- Rapper 50 Cent registers as a bone marrow donor - Aug 09, 2010
- Iraqi woman gets new life with bone marrow transplant in India - Sep 23, 2010
- Leukaemia vaccine set for human trials - Jan 04, 2010
- Woman offers 10-years free-work for father's cure - Mar 30, 2012
- 1.28 mn Chinese register for bone marrow donation - May 17, 2011
- Leukaemia vaccine goes on clinical trial - Feb 01, 2011
- Pak businessman is Delhi's first marrow transplant case from unrelated donor - Sep 17, 2012
- Jackie Chan campaigns for cancer kid - Feb 24, 2010
- Arsenic could improve survival for leukaemia patients - Nov 12, 2010
- Kim, Kanye visit children's hospital - Jul 03, 2012