Chicago cab drivers want to bring in ‘vomit tax’!September 26th, 2009 - 6:06 pm ICT by ANI
New York, Sep 26 (ANI): Cab drivers in Chicago are not only making a demand for a rate hike, they are also asking that riders who throw up in their cabs get slapped with a 50-dollar fee.
The cabbies said on September 24 they want the city impose the penalty because of the work, and hours lost, which comes with cleaning a passenger’s vomit, reports the New York Post.
Driver George Lutfallah said if someone throws up in the cab, it’s no laughing matter to a driver.
He said cleaning a taxi after a mishap like that could result in the loss of nearly two hours of work because of the time involved in scrapping the vomit off the seats and floor.
Mayor Richard Daley said his administration will listen to the drivers’ request and review their recommendations. (ANI)
- Parents not to pay if kids throw up in cab - Jul 14, 2010
- When 50 taxi drivers in China helped an ailing colleague - Sep 08, 2012
- New York City's Cabbies In Trouble For Doubling Fare - Sep 23, 2010
- NYC Regulators Want New Dress Code for Cabbies - Nov 27, 2010
- More than 50 NYC cabbies accused of doubling fares by fixing their meters - Sep 23, 2010
- British cabbies told to shed flab - Dec 20, 2010
- 59 Cabbies In NYC Accused Of Committing the Offense Of Doubling Fares - Sep 23, 2010
- Coming soon: New taxi-driver software to guide you through jams! (Corrected) - Nov 23, 2010
- Coming soon: Google's taxi-driver software to guide you through jams! - Nov 10, 2010
- Coming soon: New taxi-driver software to guide you through jams! - Dec 17, 2010
- Coming soon: Microsoft's taxi-driver software to guide you through jams! - Dec 29, 2010
- Can anyone make Goa's cabbies charge by meter? (Letter from Goa) - May 03, 2012
- Lewis wants to be a cabbie - Mar 15, 2012
- NYC cab drivers all set to wear bulletproof vests - Apr 20, 2011
- Queensland Indian-origin cabbies cry racism after colleague charged with kidnapping - Mar 29, 2010