Cheryl Cole’s endorsement sends hairspray sales soaringAugust 9th, 2010 - 4:42 pm ICT by ANI
London, Aug 09 (ANI): Girls Aloud singer Cheryl Cole has boosted the sales of the hairspray she advertises.
Cole, as the face of L’Oreal’s Elnett, has boosted the product’s sales in the UK by 14 per cent in 2009, as women rush to copy her ‘big hair’ look.
And following on from Cheryl’s lead, hairspray sales in general have risen by almost six per cent to 98million pounds, according to market analysts Kantar Worldpanel.
Hairdressers indicated that voluminous hairstyles favoured by trendsetters such as Cheryl require back-combing and spray to fix them in place.
“Women are definitely getting more adventurous with their hair and trying out ‘red carpet’ styles at home,” The Daily Express quoted celebrity stylist Mark Woolley of Electric hair salons as saying.
“Volume is literally big right now and for those who don’t have hair extensions, hairspray is a good way to get lift at the roots,” Woolley added.
At the same time, British sales of styling products such as gels and waxes have fallen 4.5per cent in the same period as women opt for styles with more flexibility.
The 27-year-old singer is also the face on cans of L’Oreal’s Diamond Hold and Shine spray and for the brand’s Elvive range of shampoos and conditioners for which sales are also up 14 per cent. (ANI)
- Cheryl Cole's L'Oreal hair products ad escapes the chop - Jun 02, 2010
- Cheryl Cole becomes new face of L'Oreal Paris - Aug 27, 2009
- Cheryl Cole's L'Oréal ad 'misleading' - Nov 22, 2009
- Cheryl is fourth richest young musician - Apr 24, 2010
- Discovery to help balding men regrow hair - Jun 26, 2012
- Ash, Sonam, Frieda set to dazzle on Cannes red carpet - Apr 22, 2011
- Cole's 150-minute Cannes visit - May 20, 2012
- Cheryl Cole becomes an international beauty model - Sep 28, 2009
- Indian women should try messy, classic look: French hairstylist (With Images) - Apr 28, 2012
- Men cutting back on Valentine's Day gifts: Study - Feb 10, 2011
- Bollywood celebrity "wars" go international - Jan 11, 2011
- The heat is on! Dos and don'ts for hair care - Jun 01, 2012
- Drug stops hair going grey - Oct 03, 2011
- Millionairess Cheryl Cole won't mind cheap clothes - Nov 01, 2010
- Aishwarya Rai still endorses L'Oreal - Jan 09, 2011
Tags: big hair, carpet styles, celebrity stylist, cheryl cole, daily express, electric hair, elnett, elvive, hair extensions, hair look, hairspray, l oreal, mark woolley, market analysts, place women, red carpet, s endorsement, s sales, shampoos and conditioners, styling products