Cheryl Cole supports same-sex marriageJune 16th, 2012 - 2:56 am ICT by IANS
London, June 16 (IANS) Singer Cheryl Cole says marriage is a “bond for a life” and thinks everyone should be entitled to do it regardless of their sexuality.
The 28-year-old, who divorced Ashley Cole in 2010 amid claims he cheated on her with a string of women, still believes in the institution of marriage.
“Marriage is far more than a man and a woman, you know. It’s a bond for life and whether you’re gay or straight or whatever, it makes no difference to being married. What marriage stands for is that you love that person,” contactmusic.com quoted Cheryl as saying.
“You want to commit yourself to that person forever. All the rights that a marriage gives you, why should the fact that you are attracted to the same sex make that any different? It makes no sense to me. The same relationship, the same beliefs. It’s crazy. I don’t understand why it’s even a big deal,” she added.
- Cheryl still in love with ex-husband - Jun 27, 2011
- Cole avoids talking about her love life - Sep 10, 2012
- Ashley Cole's air hostess writes open letter to Cheryl Cole - Jul 28, 2011
- Cheryl Cole's 'divorce from Ashley just weeks away' - Aug 04, 2010
- Cheryl Cole targets ex-beau in new track? - Mar 30, 2012
- Cole warns ex-husband about autobiography - Sep 09, 2012
- Cheryl, Ashley officially divorced - Sep 04, 2010
- Cheryl Cole and Ashley's 60-second divorce - Sep 04, 2010
- Cheryl Cole 'won't take one penny of love rat hubby Ashley's money' - May 26, 2010
- Vanessa Minnillo takes on her husband's surname - Nov 22, 2011
- 2010 Was The Worst Year For Cheryl Cole - Oct 25, 2010
- Cheryl Cole 'gets death threat over her axing of 'X Factor' contestant' - Oct 06, 2010
- Ashley plans second honeymoon with Cheryl - Jul 12, 2011
- Cheryl drops surname - Apr 09, 2012
- Cheryl Cole to pen autobiography - Jul 07, 2012