Cheryl Cole lands Nadine Coyle in trouble after tiger fur coat revelationFebruary 1st, 2009 - 2:14 pm ICT by ANI
London, Feb 1 (ANI): Cheryl Cole has landed Girls Aloud bandmate Nadine Coyle in hot water after making an outrageous claim that she owns a tiger fur coat.
The X Factor judge made the announcement in an interview by an 11-year-old fan in a magazine, reports the Daily Star.
When the girl asked band members about their favourite item of designer clothing, Nadine, 23, launched into a bizarre anecdote about a 5,000-pound worth white and black tiger coat she keeps at home.
And Cheryl, 25, enraged animal rights campaigners by insisting: Its real fur.
Heres how the conversation went:
Nadine: I was so stupid one time, I bought this coat. I thought it was 500 pounds but they rang it up and it was five grand! I bought it. Ive still got it sitting in my house.
Cheryl: It must be fur, is it fur?
Nadine: Its fur.
Cheryl: There you go, its real fur.
Nadine: Its like, er, tiger, like a white and black tiger.
Cheryl: Tiger? Nadine, no!
Nadine: Its not fur, its like hair.
Cheryl: Its got to be fur at that price.
A spokesman for the band insisted Cheryl was only joking.
He said: Youll see its Cheryl that said it was real fur Nadine didnt know what it was made of. Nadine is in America now, so I cant ask her about the coat but I doubt she knows what it is made of. (ANI)
- Nicola Roberts unhappy with hiatus - Jan 31, 2012
- Nicola Roberts gives speech on Walsh's birthday - Nov 22, 2011
- Nadine Coyle denies rivalry with Cheryl Cole - Sep 26, 2010
- Cheryl Cole to reunite with Girls Aloud for 2012 tour - Jun 01, 2011
- Kimberley Walsh wants anonymity - Feb 05, 2011
- Nadine Coyle insists Girls Aloud work was difficult - Oct 29, 2010
- Next 'Girls Aloud' album will be different: Roberts - Sep 05, 2011
- Girls Aloud to reunite in 2012 - Jun 11, 2011
- Nadine Coyle confirms Girls Aloud reunion - Jul 20, 2011
- Girl Aloud will never split: Kimberly Walsh - Feb 07, 2011
- Cole, Coyle patch up - Jun 12, 2012
- Cheryl Cole to reunite 'Girls Aloud' band - Jun 02, 2011
- Girls Aloud will not perform for 2 years - Aug 30, 2010
- Nadine Coyle sets up record label for debut album - Sep 07, 2010
- Girls Aloud not splitting up, says Nicola Roberts - Apr 25, 2010
Tags: anecdote, animal rights campaigners, band members, black tiger, cheryl cole, daily star, designer clothing, fur coat, hair cheryl, hot water, london feb, nadine coyle, one time, outrageous claim, revelation, spokesman, tiger, tiger coat, tiger fur, x factor