Cheryl Cole in danger after Afghanistan visit?September 18th, 2011 - 2:10 pm ICT by IANS
London, Sep 18 (IANS) Singer Cheryl Cole has become a “prime target” for jihadis after visiting British troops in Afghanistan, some Britain-based radicals have warned.
“I find it completely outrageous that Cheryl Cole can go to Afghanistan and start praising the soldiers when thousands of innocent men, women and children are being slaughtered by the Americans and their allies,” dailystar.co.uk quoted inflammatory cleric Anjem Choudary as saying.
“A large percentage of the population has been murdered. Far from going over there and supporting the war effort, she should be condemning what is taking place in Afghanistan. The fact that she is prepared to support this war in Afghanistan I think shows the naivety of the woman.
“She has put herself in great danger by being such a high-profile visitor to the region. The more she is seen as the sweetheart of the forces and the more she is involved in Afghanistan, the more she will create enemies among the Muslims.
“She will only have herself to blame for the repercussions on her own security. Obviously as Muslims living here in Britain we have a covenant of security with regard to the life and sanctity of everyone. But not everyone abides by that as we have seen with 7/7 and as we see almost on a daily basis around the world. It is incredibly foolish of her to go to Afghanistan in relation to her public profile,” Choudary added.
Choudary’s associate Abu Saalihah also warned her, saying, “Cheryl Cole is a legitimate target.”
A statement on their website, Islamist group Muslims Against Crusades, who are said to have close links with Choudary, read: “Cheryl Cole has made the disastrous decision to go to Afghanistan in a bid to support and boost the morale of British soldiers presently fighting Muslims in Afghanistan.
“In a bid to improve her own public image, she has put her security and life at risk, Muslims will view this as an action of aggression against Islam and Muslims.
“Oh Cheryl, you were used by Ashley Cole, you were used by Simon Cowell, don’t be used by the tabloid press and British government for a war that has nothing to do with you.”
- Brit Muslim cleric warns royal wedding 'prime target' of al-Qaeda, aspiring 'jihadis' - Apr 26, 2011
- New Muslim group threatens to launch terror atrocity similar to 7/7 - Aug 01, 2010
- Cheryl Cole set for to date soldier - Sep 24, 2011
- Hate preacher Anjem Choudary to pen 'sick' letters to families of dead British soldiers - Jan 03, 2010
- Cheryl visits troops in Afghanistan - Sep 15, 2011
- Hate preacher Anjem Choudary warns UK of another 7/7 type attack after Laden's death - May 03, 2011
- UK hate cleric urges Muslims to 'issue fatwas' against Cameron, May - Jan 23, 2011
- Radical UK preacher warns of more attacks as Britain bans Islam4UK - Jan 13, 2010
- Islamic Sharia law zones set up across Britain - Jul 28, 2011
- Hate preacher Anjem Choudary warns Ed Miliband over his views on Israel - Oct 03, 2010
- UK Islamic fanatics' issue call to prosecute Queen - Aug 01, 2009
- Cheryl Cole to pen autobiography - Jul 07, 2012
- Will.i.am: 'Cheryl Cole will not return to X-factor' - Jan 27, 2012
- 'London Taliban' sharia law to target women and homosexuals - Apr 18, 2011
- Radical Islamist preacher warns of fresh terror attacks across Europe - Jan 02, 2011
Tags: british soldiers, british troops, cheryl cole, cleric, crusades, daily basis, innocent men women, legitimate target, muslims, naivety, own security, prime target, public image, radicals, repercussions, sanctity, troops in afghanistan, visit london, war effort, war in afghanistan