Cheryl Cole dubbed false eyelashes iconMarch 14th, 2009 - 5:45 pm ICT by ANI
London, Mar 14 (ANI): British singer Cheryl Cole has been dubbed as the icon for false eyelashes ever since sales figures shot up after she was pictured wearing them.
Cole, 25, inspired millions of teenage girls to wear them, just as pop icons Dusty Springfield and Twiggy did 40 years ago, and supermarket Tesco has revealed that sales have doubled up due to her.
Cheryl Cole is doing for false eyelashes now what Dusty Springfield did for them in the 60s, the Sun quoted Tescos health and beauty director Mark Tyldesley as saying.
Shes a modern icon so its not surprising so many young women are influenced by her style, he added.
Other celebs, who sport false lashes, are Duffy, Victoria Beckham, Katy Perry and Penelope Cruz. (ANI)
- Kate, Pippa voted beauty icons of the year - Dec 28, 2011
- Fake eyelashes Longoria's signature style - Jun 19, 2012
- Katy Perry to launch beauty line - Feb 24, 2012
- UK women rushing to buy fake eyelashes to look like Cheryl Cole - Apr 28, 2010
- Bieber wants soccer lessons from Beckham - Aug 20, 2010
- Who's Next On Selena Gomez's Wishlist? - Nov 16, 2010
- Cole admires Perry - Jun 22, 2012
- Katy Perry fantasises sleeping with Cheryl Cole - Sep 04, 2010
- Cheryl Cole says that she admires Lady Gaga - Dec 08, 2011
- Cheryl Cole takes vitamin shots - Jun 22, 2012
- Indian designers: Merry time in global arena (2011 In Retrospect) (With images) - Dec 19, 2011
- My perfect woman would be mix of Cheryl, Katy: Justin Bieber - Aug 12, 2010
- Lady Gaga posts pics of her Thanksgiving meal on Twitter - Nov 27, 2010
- Jessie J flaunts Indian designers' gown at Brit Awards (With Images) - Feb 23, 2012
- Justin Bieber reveals he fancies a threesome with Katy Perry, Cheryl Cole - Aug 29, 2010
Tags: 60s, british singer, cheryl cole, duffy, dusty springfield, false eyelashes, false lashes, health and beauty, london, penelope cruz, pop icons, sun, supermarket, teenage girls, tesco, twiggy, victoria beckham, young women