Cher’s daughter to go for sex changeJune 13th, 2009 - 11:17 pm ICT by IANS
London, June 13 (IANS) Pop star Cher’s daughter Chastity Bono has decided to go for a sex change surgery.
Chastity, Cher’s daughter with late husband Sonny Bono, came out in the open about being a lesbian almost two decades ago. Now the 40-year-old, known to family and friends as Chaz, is going to have a gender re-assignment surgery, reported themirror.co.uk.
“She is proud of her decision and grateful for the support and respect that has already been shown by loved ones,” said her publicist Howard Bragman.
“It is Chaz’s hope that her choice to transition will open the hearts and minds of the public regarding this issue, just as her coming out did nearly 20 years ago,” he added.
Chastity is now an American LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender) rights’ advocate and writer.
- Cher's daughter Chastity to undergo sex change - Jun 12, 2009
- Cher and Sonny Bono's daughter to undrego sex change surgery - Jun 12, 2009
- Chaz Bono Taking The Final Steps Of His Sex Change Operation - Oct 24, 2009
- Cher's sex-swap son flaunts new girlfriend - Apr 19, 2010
- Cher stands by daughter's 'man' decision - Jun 18, 2009
- Chaz Bono Is A Man Lawfully - May 07, 2010
- "Becoming Chaz" To Be Aired On Oprah Winfrey's Network - Jan 15, 2011
- Warren Beatty's daughter plans sex change - Jun 18, 2010
- Chaz Bono presents Jennifer Elia with an engagement ring - Nov 28, 2011
- Chaz Bono is now a man officially - May 07, 2010
- 'Becoming Chaz' to air on Winfrey's OWN network - Jan 15, 2011
- Cher's gender-swap son shows off new girlfriend - Apr 19, 2010
- Cher's daughter Chaz Bono is now a man officially - May 07, 2010
- Cher urging Chastity to turn down sex change TV documentary offers - Jul 03, 2009
- Chaz Bono Is A Man Now, Legally - May 07, 2010
Tags: chastity, chaz, cher, coming out, decades, family and friends, hearts and minds, london, pop star, publicist, rights advocate, sex change surgery, sonny bono, themirror, transgender rights, transition