Cher uses sick leave to launch charity mission for orphans in South AsiaDecember 11th, 2008 - 4:43 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Dec 11 (ANI): Singer Cher reportedly used her time off following the scrapping of Las Vegas show to launch a charity mission for orphans in South Asia.
The 62-year-old singer axed a number of gigs at the Colosseum at Caesar’’s Palace in October (08) owing to her illness from an allergy related to Sin City’’s winds.
But when doctors asked her to cancel a series of concerts, she agreed, but rather then taking rest, the singer flew off to Nepal to help children in need.
“Cher absolutely hates downtime. She was on heavy antibiotics and her throat was killing her, but she was determined to use her time off to help others, Contactmusic quoted a source as telling the National Enquirer.
The source added: “Cher genuinely wants to help the less fortunate. She decided that her suffering was nothing compared to the orphans in Nepal who were waiting to see her.” (ANI)
- Cher to bring curtain down on her Vegas residency in Feb next year - Sep 22, 2010
- Twain makes cameo in hotel commercial - Jul 22, 2012
- Cher to marry Medvetz soon? - Aug 22, 2012
- Cher itching to get back on stage - Jul 17, 2011
- Cher coming out of retirement to tour again - Apr 26, 2010
- Celine Dion returns to singing - Mar 21, 2012
- Cher slams fan on Twitter over 'Burlesque' Academy Awards snub - Jan 27, 2011
- Elton John hospitalised for respiratory infection - May 25, 2012
- Shania Twain to make her comeback with a concert in Las Vegas - Jun 10, 2011
- Charlize Theron to be honoured - Mar 31, 2012
- Celine shows her healthy Baby bump - Sep 04, 2010
- Can Celine Dion save recession-hit Las Vegas? - Mar 20, 2011
- Lady Gaga's G-string exposed during performance in Las Vegas - Mar 28, 2011
- Hilton wins $30,000 on birthday trip - Feb 19, 2012
- Clooney's girlfriend Stacy Keiber parties in Las vegas - Feb 07, 2012
Tags: allergy, antibiotics, caesar, charity mission, cher, children in need, colosseum, concerts, doctors, downtime, gigs, las vegas, national enquirer, nepal, orphans, South Asia, suffering, time off