Cher stands by daughter’s ‘man’ decisionJune 18th, 2009 - 2:21 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, June 18 (ANI): Legendary singer Cher has vowed to support daughter Chastity in her decision to become a man.
Chastity, Cher’s daughter with late husband Sonny Bono, came out in the open about being a lesbian in 1995. Now the 40-year-old, now known as Chaz, is going to have a gender re-assignment surgery,
Chastity began the process to change gender after celebrating her 40th birthday in March (09) and her friends and family have already started referring to her as a ‘he’.
Now, Chaz’s mother has spoken for the first time about her daughter’s decision, insisting that even though she doesn’t fully comprehend it, she will respect what her daughter is doing.
“Chaz is embarking on a difficult journey, but one that I will support. I respect the courage it takes to go through this transition in the glare of public scrutiny, and although I may not understand, I will strive to be understanding. The one thing that will never change is my abiding love for my child,” Contactmusic quoted Cher as saying in a statement. (ANI)
- "Becoming Chaz" To Be Aired On Oprah Winfrey's Network - Jan 15, 2011
- Cher's daughter to go for sex change - Jun 13, 2009
- Cher's sex-swap son flaunts new girlfriend - Apr 19, 2010
- Cher admires son Chaz's courage - May 02, 2011
- Chaz Bono Is A Man Lawfully - May 07, 2010
- Chaz Bono Is A Man Now, Legally - May 07, 2010
- Cher Talks About Daughter's Sex Change - Nov 12, 2010
- Cher's daughter Chastity to undergo sex change - Jun 12, 2009
- Cher's daughter Chaz Bono is now a man officially - May 07, 2010
- Chaz Bono expects some weight loss to happen during 'DWTS' show - Sep 06, 2011
- Chaz Bono presents Jennifer Elia with an engagement ring - Nov 28, 2011
- Warren Beatty's daughter plans sex change - Jun 18, 2010
- 'Becoming Chaz' to air on Winfrey's OWN network - Jan 15, 2011
- Cher's gender-swap son shows off new girlfriend - Apr 19, 2010
- Chaz Bono is now a man officially - May 07, 2010