Cher Lloyd wants government to stop online bulliesSeptember 28th, 2011 - 8:12 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
London, Sept 28 (THAINDIAN NEWS) British singer Cher Lloyd has criticized the country’s government for not doing enough to address the issue of online bullying. The 18-year-old believes that it is the responsibility of the government to eventually help end the bully. She is a victim herself and she thinks if the issue is not addressed real soon, several people may be left bruised and battered.
The singer has suffered several online abuses and last week, a tweet threatened her mother. She revealed that she is growing strong and overcoming the abuse. However she thinks there are others out there who might not have the same strength to go on.
She told BBC’s Newsbeat that, “It disgusts me that online bullying - nobody really cares about it. No-one has made a big enough impact to stop these people. I’d definitely like to see more done about it.”
She believes if the government gets firmer on the subject it could be addressed.
The singer’s latest single was recently released. The track which is titled ‘With Ur Love’ is expected to be released in the United Kingdom on the 7th of November. She is reportedly working on her debut album in the studios.
- Cher Lloyd talks about abuse on 'Big Fat Gypsy Wedding' - Feb 10, 2011
- Cher Lloyd feels that X Factor was better when she was a part of it - Dec 13, 2011
- Cher Lloyd shows off her eighth tattoo which is a tribute to her daddy - Mar 08, 2011
- Lady Gaga defends Rebecca Black - Mar 24, 2011
- Cher Lloyd: 'Louis Walsh is bored' - Oct 11, 2011
- Cher Lloyd Takes Vitamin Injections To Fight Stage Fright - Oct 10, 2010
- Cheryl Cole Defends Decision To Put Cher Through The Final 12 - Oct 05, 2010
- Aguilera gets bruised shooting 'Burlesque' - Nov 19, 2010
- Hindus decry racist jibes at British Roma singer Cher Lloyd - Feb 17, 2011
- Cher Lloyd launches perfume - Sep 02, 2012
- Obama was taunted for his 'big ears' as a child - Mar 11, 2011
- X Factor: Rebecca Says "Cher is a brat" - Nov 24, 2010
- X-factor finalist Cher's dad Darren Lloyd sells her pictures on eBay - Nov 29, 2010
- Donations pour in after video of bullied NY bus monitor goes viral - Jun 23, 2012
- Cher Lloyd says that chances of winning the lottery are more than talking to Cheryl Cole - Aug 02, 2011