Chennai my second home : Big BApril 1st, 2012 - 6:28 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, April 1 (IANS) Megastar Amitabh Bachchan, who is in Chennai to prepare for the opening ceremony of season five of the Indian Premier League (IPL), calls the city his second home and says he is amazed see the progress there.
The 69-year will be opening the night Tuesday and will render a poem written by Prasoon Joshi.
“In Chennai for IPL opening event…Chennai was almost second home…did so many films here - gracious, disciplined, humble people,” Amitabh tweeted.
“So much has changed since the 70’s…development, infrastructure … film making was a joy… great management, superior technology,” he further tweeted.
Apart from Big B, the opening ceremony of the IPL cricket tournament will also see performances by American pop icon Katy Perry, Indian dancing sensation Prabhu Deva, Priyanka Chopra, Kareena Kapoor, Salman Khan among others.
- Entertainment, entertainment, entertainment - at IPL 5 opener! - Mar 31, 2012
- IPL rides high on glamour quotient at fifth season's opener (Lead) - Apr 04, 2012
- Priyanka makes Bhajji dance at IPL opener - Apr 03, 2012
- Kunal Khemu falls sick (Movie Snippets) - Mar 25, 2012
- Big B back in front of camera, feels strange - Mar 26, 2012
- Kareena to add jazz to IPL opener - Mar 21, 2012
- Bollywood, Katy Perry open IPL-V (Roundup) - Apr 04, 2012
- Big B opens IPL with Prasoon Joshi's poem - Apr 03, 2012
- Katy wants to raid Priyanka's closet (Movie Snippets) - Apr 05, 2012
- Big B wants Katy Perry's autograph for granddaughter! - Apr 05, 2012
- Big B hooked onto Euro Cup - Jun 16, 2012
- Katy Perry goes desi for maiden India performance - Apr 04, 2012
- Emraan, Esha sizzle in 'Jannat 2', says director (Movie Snippets) - Apr 04, 2012
- Big B, Priyanka to attend opening of hi-tech Pune stadium - Apr 08, 2012
- Big B in awe of Southern superstars' humility - Jul 12, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,