Chennai International Film Festival Gets UnderwayDecember 21st, 2010 - 2:21 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
The eighth edition of the Chennai International Film Festival which started in the capital city on the 15th of December promises to bring before the audience the best of world cinema. And therefore great personalities of South Indian cinema graced the red carpet to be a part of the inaugural day of the Chennai International Film Festival organized at the Woodlands Theater in Chennai. According to reports in the media, more than 125 films produced by 43 countries around the world will be showcased in various theaters across Chennai till the 23rd of this month when the festival draws to an end.
The media in India has reported that this is the first time in the history of the Chennai International Film Festival that 26 Indian films will be screened, 12 of which will be productions from Kollywood. Among the high and mighty from the Tamil film industry who were present at the inauguration ceremony of the Chennai International Film Festival were directors Shankar and Balachander, actor and director Sundar C, politician and actor Sarathkumar, TV and film actress Radikaa, and actors Jeyaram, Vikram and Madhavan. Filmmaker Mani Ratnam was also present at the screening of French film ‘Vital Signs’.
Apart from the Woodlands Theater, the Woodlands Symphony, the Chennai INOX theatre and the South Indian Film Chamber of Commerce auditorium will also host the films to b screened at the fest.
– Sampurn Wire
- Tisca Chopra to host 42nd IFFI opening ceremony - Nov 22, 2011
- Nine silent films to be shown at Mumbai fest - Jul 18, 2012
- 4th Bengaluru film fest will pay tribute to Dev Anand - Dec 07, 2011
- Tamil Film Industry Creates History This Year - Dec 31, 2010
- Suited, booted SRK feels awkward in Goa - Nov 23, 2011
- Shah Rukh Khan to inaugurate IFFI - Nov 17, 2011
- Captured: Polymath S. Balachander and his great wars - Feb 10, 2012
- Curtains come down on 42nd IFFI (Review) - Dec 04, 2011
- Goa not good for international film festival: Chopra - Nov 22, 2010
- Taiwan film fest to start in capital - Sep 06, 2010
- Osian's film fest back with rare, bold films - Jul 11, 2012
- Nila Madhab's 'Jalpari' screened at Marche du Cannes - May 22, 2012
- Capital hosts Punjabi film fest, focus on larger viewership - Jan 13, 2012
- 'Raavan' not to be screened at 11th IIFA awards: Mani Ratnam - May 10, 2010
- Capital to host its first 'Delhi International Film Festival' - Aug 21, 2012
Tags: commerce auditorium, eighth edition, film actress, film chamber, inauguration ceremony, indian cinema, indian films, inox, international film festival, kollywood, madhavan, mani ratnam, red carpet, sarathkumar, shankar, south indian film, tamil film industry, vikram, vital signs, world cinema