“Check Out The Nominees Of BRIT Awards 2011! “January 14th, 2011 - 10:55 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
Nominations’ catalog of the 2011 BRIT Awards has now been divulged, with mounting British star, Tinie Tempah, at the forefront of the competition with manifold nods at the side of major transnational artists like Katy Perry and Eminem. Tempah is with a shout for four categories such as British Male Solo Artist as well as British Album of the Year.
His supremacy is being chased by Plan B, The xx and Mumford & Sons, who have procured three nominations each. In conjunction with Ellie Goulding, Take That as well as Cheryl Cole and Arcade Fire, the Slim Shady and Perry pursue with dual nods. Perry is striving for the award of International Female Solo Artist against competitors such as Alicia Keys, Kylie Minogue as well as Rihanna and Robyn.
Eminem, in the meantime, is contending against Bruce Springsteen, David Guetta as well as Kanye West for the honor of International Male Solo Artist. Furthermore, Perry and Eminem are going nose to nose in the category of International Album.
The inventory of nominations was pronounced at London’s Indigo2 by Fearne Cotton. Musical guests, who graced this specific event with their presence, were Jessie J, who is the victor of this year’s Critics’ Choice, in association with the contenders such as Tinie Tempah, The Wanted and Ellie Goulding. The complete catalog of victors will be divulged in a live ceremony on February 15 that will occur at London’s The O2.
The event of the bestowment of awards will be hosted by James Corden. The plaques, which will be conferred to the victors, have been restructured by the fashion celebrity, Dame Vivienne Westwood. The Special award related to Outstanding Contribution, which has formerly been supplied to Sir Paul McCartney, Robbie Williams as well as U2, has been cancelled at the forthcoming event.
Industry insiders have remarked that the insertion of artists on the BRIT’s Voting Academy illustrated one rationale behind the importance this year of comparatively fresh artists over more well-known acts.
- Rihanna, Cee-Lo And Adele To Render Performances At The Forthcoming 2011 BRIT Awards - Jan 18, 2011
- Cheryl Cole gets two Brit nominations - Jan 14, 2011
- Eminem Has Conditions For Performing At The BRIT Awards - Jan 20, 2011
- Gaga dethroned by Goulding - Mar 09, 2010
- Jessie J wants to work with female artist now - May 16, 2011
- American Music Awards: Highest Number Of Nominations For Eminem - Oct 14, 2010
- Eminem leads Grammy Nominations with 10 nods - Dec 02, 2010
- "Lady Gaga, Eminem And Katy Perry To Execute Renditions At The 53rd Annual Grammys ... - Jan 14, 2011
- Katy B not confident about award win - Aug 29, 2011
- Check Out Nominations For NAACP Image Awards 2011 - Jan 13, 2011
- Grammy Awards Nominations For 2011: Return Of Eminem - Jan 07, 2011
- Spears to open Grammy awards - Feb 01, 2011
- The First Look Of Eminem’s Commercial In Grammy Awards - Jan 07, 2011
- Adele deserved every award: Gaga - Feb 14, 2012
- Katy Perry, Lady Gaga lead MTV EMA nominations - Sep 21, 2010
Tags: arcade fire, brit awards, british star, bruce springsteen, cheryl cole, critics choice, female solo artist, forthcoming event, goulding, indigo2, industry insiders, jessie j, kylie minogue, male solo artist, musical guests, rihanna, sir paul mccartney, tinie tempah, vivienne westwood, voting academy