Charlotte Church on her stunning new slim lookMarch 21st, 2010 - 2:23 pm ICT by ANI
London, Mar 21 (ANI): Charlotte Church has revealed the secret behind her new smokin’ hot body.
Charlotte, who’s married to Welsh rugby star Gavin Henson, had ballooned to a size 16 after giving birth to Ruby, two, and Dexter, 14 months.
The 24-year-old singer turned to professional sportsman Gavin, 28, to help her fight the flab, reports The Mirror.
And she denied claims she resorted to a gastric band, saying: “It’s very simple, my weight loss. I just eat better and eat less food than I used to.
“So that means less stodge, less junk food like burgers and chips and smaller portions, with meals consisting of things like lean meat and salad.
“I certainly haven’t embarked on some great exercise regime to get slim. Exercise is alien to me and I don’t like doing it.
“Gavin took me out on a couple of training runs but it was way too much for me. I told him I’d have a heart attack if I carried on so I stopped. I should have realised that it would be a mistake.
“Gavin is a trained sportsman and his regime is punishing, way too much for me, what with all the sprints and supershort rests in between.
“They may be great for a rugby player but they left me feeling absolutely knackered. I only took part in them because I knew I’d have to lose weight after my babies were born.
“I did eat vast amounts when I was expecting Ruby and Dexter and inevitably piled on the pounds.”
But, she adds: “Gavin has never put pressure on me to lose weight - he’s always been happy, whatever shape I’ve been.
“And I have to say that I’ve always felt comfortable in my skin and never felt pressure to lose weight just to alter my appearance.
“But I do now have the perfect incentive to lose weight and get more in trim - and that’s my kids. I want to be around for them for as long as I possibly can be. Being fit and healthy will help me do that. Gavin, Ruby and Dexter are my life and the work is a sideline.
“That doesn’t mean to say I don’t take it seriously - I do. But at the heart of my life are my family. I hate to be apart from them.
“I breastfed both of my children and I’m looking forward to being around when Ruby goes to school. I want to be that mum on the school run - for both her and Dexter. I want to be a hands-on parent.” (ANI)
- Gavin Henson, Charlotte Church broke-up for the sake of their kids - Jul 18, 2010
- Charlotte Church, Gavin Henson put their yacht up for sale after split - Oct 08, 2010
- I missed my curvy figure: Charlotte Church - Nov 04, 2010
- Charlotte Church likes the tone smoking gives to her voice - Oct 09, 2010
- Charlotte Church, Gavin Henson splitting? - May 31, 2010
- Charlotte Church to sell house after break-up - Jun 04, 2010
- Charlotte Church parties as war over kids looms with ex - Sep 26, 2010
- Charlotte Church has no plans to marry Gavin Henson any time soon - Sep 01, 2009
- I worry for my kids after split, says Charlotte Church - Sep 18, 2010
- Charlotte Church engaged to Gavin Henson - Apr 14, 2010
- Kelly Osbourne starved to be slim - Jan 06, 2011
- Katherine Jenkins vows to gain weight - May 23, 2012
- Charlotte Church opens up about Gavin Henson split - Sep 19, 2010
- It's splitsville for Gavin Henson, Charlotte Church? - May 30, 2010
- Charlotte Church says she 'missed boobs and bum' after losing weight - Nov 03, 2010
Tags: babies, burgers, charlotte church, chips, dexter, exercise regime, flab, gastric band, gavin henson, giving birth, heart attack, hot body, junk food, lean meat, mistake, ruby, rugby player, sideline, sportsman, welsh rugby