Charlize Theron slams tabloid pressFebruary 19th, 2008 - 3:51 pm ICT by admin
Washington, Feb 19 (ANI): Actress Charlize Theron has slammed the tabloid press, insisting that journalists are out to wreck her career.
The Monster star has pledged not to give in to the pressure of the tabloid press, accusing the media of trying to influence her decisions.
The Oscar winning actress condemned journalists for giving fans a fake representation of her lifestyle.
“Everyone is just waiting for you to fall on your face. So if I start making decisions based on what others think I should be doing, I am just getting myself into hot water, Contactmusic quoted her, as saying.
“So I just try and do things that I feel - no matter what happens at the end of the day, no matter what you guys say about how and no matter how much money it makes at the box office - I really wanted to do.
“I think we live in a culture where we want to raise people and see them fall. That’s what the tabloids are all about. Why do we have tabloids? We want to see (celebrities) do embarrassing things, she added. (ANI)
- Space visit on Theron's wish list - May 28, 2012
- Theron doesn't like to watch her films - May 22, 2011
- Charlize Theron calls herself 'miserable' - Dec 26, 2011
- Theron loves changing diapers - May 30, 2012
- Theron loves 'Prometheus' challenge - Apr 23, 2012
- Theron's retirement woes - Dec 01, 2011
- Theron loved time in 'spaceship' - May 10, 2012
- Theron forced to work on weekends - Apr 21, 2012
- Charlize Theron restarts dog collection - Dec 16, 2011
- Charlize Theron not planning to marry - Jun 30, 2011
- Charlize Theron likes cold weather - Apr 13, 2012
- Theron gets nervous on red carpet - May 16, 2012
- Theron finds grey roles real - Jun 01, 2012
- Theron loves swaddling adopted son - Mar 17, 2012
- I want a baby: Theron - Aug 25, 2011