Charlize Theron launches footwear collection for charityDecember 19th, 2009 - 2:36 pm ICT by IANS
London, Dec 19 (IANS) Oscar winning actress Charlize Theron has launched a new collection of footwear to raise money for impoverished children in her native South Africa.
The “Monster” star launched her eco-friendly limited-edition footwear for both men and women, embellished with an image of an African Baobab tree, reports starpulse.com.
Proceeds from sales will benefit the star’s non-profit charity - The Charlize Theron Africa Outreach Project, which is dedicated to improving the health, education, and social development of high school children in the country.
Apart from this, 10,000 pairs of shoes will be given to impoverished children living in remote communities in her homeland.
- Charlize Theron visits schools across South Africa - Mar 05, 2010
- Theron auctions off date for charity - Dec 08, 2010
- Theron donates dresses to charity - Apr 17, 2012
- South Africa trip a learning experience for Theron - Jun 21, 2011
- Olsens gift high-end shoes to underprivileged kids - Jul 29, 2011
- Portman named Free The Children ambassador - Apr 05, 2012
- Theron to help build soccer fields in South Africa - Nov 27, 2009
- Denise Richards designs shoes for charity - Dec 30, 2011
- Theron's charity builds football fields in Africa ahead of World Cup - Nov 27, 2009
- Theron doesn't like to watch her films - May 22, 2011
- Damon launches eco-friendly water bottles - Nov 01, 2011
- Simpson plans to start wedding dress line - Jul 06, 2012
- LiLo to star as murder victim Sharon Tate in new movie? - Apr 04, 2011
- 'A woman in every 26 seconds raped in South Africa' - Nov 18, 2008
- Oscar-Winning Actress Charlize Theron Dating Eric Thal? - Oct 07, 2010
Tags: actress charlize theron, african baobab tree, charlize theron, footwear, health education, limited edition, london, men and women, money, monster, native south africa, outreach project, pairs, proceeds from sales, profit charity, shoes