Charlie Sheen toasts ashes of woman’s dead husband at showApril 16th, 2011 - 1:31 pm ICT by ANI
London, Apr 16 (ANI): Charlie Sheen ended his first show in Toronto, Canada by toasting to the ashes of a fan’s deceased husband.
During the actor’s ‘My Violent Torpedo of Truth’ show,Sheen called out to the audience for a woman whose husband had died two years ago to come onstage. Sheen said he read about her in a newspaper article, reports the Telegraph..
The otherwise noisy audience in Toronto’s Massey Hall fell silent as Wendy Newman took to the stage, clad all in black and carrying a vessel.
Newman told the show-goers that her husband died of a heart attack and the only way she got through her difficult period was by watching DVDs of Sheen’s former sitcom ‘Two and A Half Men’.
When she learned the celebrity was coming to her home city, she snapped up tickets. She then posted a message on Sheen’s Facebook page asking if she could bring her husband’s ashes to the show and have Sheen raise a glass in honour of her husband of 19 years. And he did.
“I think I can now send you off, Charlie Sheen is here now,” said Newman after she gave a brief eulogy of her husband. (ANI)
- Charlie Sheen to be killed off in TV series - Jun 28, 2011
- Bree Olson leaves Charlie Sheen's tour - Apr 19, 2011
- Sheen invites Longoria for 'Anger Manegment' cameo - Aug 25, 2012
- Charlie Sheen booed at live stage show - Apr 03, 2011
- Sheen settles lawsuit with Warner Bros - Sep 27, 2011
- 'Two and a Half Men' opens with record ratings - Sep 21, 2011
- Sheen gets audience to chant hateful slurs against ex-wife Richards - Apr 07, 2011
- Charlie Sheen urges support for bipolar disorder awareness - Apr 17, 2011
- Sheen planning 'Two and a Half Men' funeral party - Aug 09, 2011
- Charlie Sheen pens a deal with Lionsgate for new sitcom - Jun 28, 2011
- Charlie Sheen to release range of T-Shirts - Mar 16, 2011
- Charlie and I are not in the best place: Denise Richards - Apr 23, 2011
- Charlie Sheen cheered and booed at the 'Gathering of the Juggalos' - Aug 15, 2011
- Tape Of The '911 Call' Released Indicating The Colossal Inebriation Of Charlie Sheen - Feb 03, 2011
- 'Two and Half Men' reboot is in the pipeline - Apr 29, 2011
Tags: 19 years, audience, celebrity, charlie sheen, deceased husband, difficult period, dvds, facebook, former sitcom, goers, heart attack, honour, massey hall, newspaper article, telegraph, toronto canada, torpedo, truth, two and a half men, wendy