Charlie Sheen sentenced to rehab after pleading guilty to assaulting wifeAugust 3rd, 2010 - 1:19 pm ICT by ANI
New York, August 03 (ANI): Actor Charlie Sheen has been ordered to serve 30 days at a Malibu rehab under a no-jail plea bargain after the actor pleaded guilty to assaulting wife Brooke Mueller.
The deal caps a headline-grabbing saga that exploded with Sheen’s Christmas Day arrest on suspicion that he pinned wife Mueller, 32, to a bed and held a knife to her throat during an Aspen family vacation.
Sheen, who appeared in Aspen court to enter the plea, also must serve three months’ probation and show proof that he’s completed 36 hours of counselling.
In exchange, prosecutors dropped felony menacing and criminal mischief charges.
The “Two and a Half Men” star will fulfill the rehab requirement at celebrity-friendly Promises, the same rehab he checked into earlier this year, his lawyer said.
“The fact that the DA’s office is allowing Charlie to do his sentence at Promises as opposed to jail is indicative of the strength of their case. This is great resolution for us,” the New York Daily News quoted attorney Yale Galanter as telling the News.
He and Mueller signed preliminary divorce paperwork earlier this year and are expected to file with the court now that the criminal case is resolved, TMZ.com reported. (ANI)
- Charlie Sheen sentenced to rehab in domestic violence case - Aug 03, 2010
- Charlie Sheen 'sentenced to mere seconds in rehab' - Aug 03, 2010
- Charlie Sheen Is Guilty! - Aug 03, 2010
- Charlie Sheen likely to plead guilty to assaulting wife - May 29, 2010
- Charlie Sheen, Wife Brooke Mueller File For Divorce - Nov 02, 2010
- Brooke Mueller 'wants to get back with' Charlie Sheen - Dec 31, 2009
- Charlie Sheen's wife 'didn't change her story', says lawyer - Jan 01, 2010
- Charlie Sheen out of jail - Dec 26, 2009
- Cops 'to question Charlie Sheen, Denise Richards about wild Plaza night' - Nov 25, 2010
- Charlie Sheen Likely To Appear In Court - Aug 02, 2010
- Charlie Sheen facing up to 8 years in jail - Dec 29, 2009
- Charlie Sheen to return to small screen - Mar 11, 2010
- Sheen's wife to continue rehab treatment at home - Mar 01, 2010
- Sheen gifts iPads to 'Two And A Half Men' crew - Dec 31, 2010
- Charlie Sheen To Attend Aspen Court Hearing Today - Aug 02, 2010
Tags: brooke mueller, charlie sheen, christmas day, counselling, criminal case, criminal mischief, divorce paperwork, family vacation, felony, malibu, months probation, new york daily news, plea bargain, prosecutors, saga, suspicion, two and a half men, wife brooke, yale galanter, york daily news