Charlie Sheen is returning to ‘Two and a Half Men’February 8th, 2011 - 8:56 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Los Angeles, Feb 8 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Ending almost two and a half months of speculation, it has emerged that Charlie Sheen is returning to the Two and a Half men comedy show on CBS. The actor has been embroiled in legal tussles surrounding his personal life off-screen, and there were also fears some time back that his salary negotiations had run into trouble. His earlier contract with CBS ended in January 2011 and – especially keeping in mind the legal battles he has been fighting – questions were rife as to whether CBS would renew his contract.
Now, apparently, not only has his contract been renewed, but his paycheck has been enlarged too – with emerging details putting the figure in the new contract at between $1.8 million and $1.9 million per episode of Two and a Half men. It will be appreciated that in his earlier contract, Charlie Sheen was reportedly making $0.85 million per episode, meaning that the new figure represents an almost 100% pay rise!
So, how does CBS get the money to finance these types of paychecks? To find an answer to that you just have to look at Two and a Half Men’s viewership figures. It is reported that, as per its last season, Two and a Half Men was attracting well over 14.7 million viewers. And considering just how many of those had gotten attached to Charlie Sheen, it was inevitable that CBS would endeavor to keep him on the cast – his off-screen legal problems notwithstanding.
- New season of 'Two and a Half men' starts - Sep 20, 2011
- Charlie Sheen's divorce with Brooke Mueller finalized - May 03, 2011
- Charlie Sheen pens a deal with Lionsgate for new sitcom - Jun 28, 2011
- 'How I met your mother' series renewed for another season - Mar 08, 2011
- Charlie Sheen Will Come Into View On 'Two And A Half Men' Again - May 19, 2010
- 'Two and Half Men' reboot is in the pipeline - Apr 29, 2011
- Charlie Sheen 'still stands to make $100m off 'Two and a Half Men' - Mar 10, 2011
- Charlie Sheen sells his Beverly Hills home - Nov 16, 2011
- Charlie Sheen shopping $10m tell-all book? - Feb 27, 2011
- Charlie Sheen plans to sue sitcom makers - Mar 01, 2011
- Sheen settles lawsuit with Warner Bros - Sep 27, 2011
- 'Two and a Half Men' opens with record ratings - Sep 21, 2011
- Ashton Kutcher takes his massive trailer to the sets of 'Two and a Half Men' - Aug 16, 2011
- Charlie Sheen gets 'roasted' - Sep 12, 2011
- Sheen gets $3 mn offer to promote dating website - May 24, 2011
Tags: cbs, charlie sheen, comedy show, legal battles, million viewers, money, new contract, paycheck, paychecks, personal life, salary negotiations, speculation, tussles, two and a half men, viewership