Charlie Sheen goes from being ‘entertaining and crazy to boring’March 7th, 2011 - 2:02 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, March 7 (ANI): Charlie Sheen has gone from online sensation to online denigration after his most awaited bizarre new internet TV show disappointed 1.8 million viewers yesterday.
As many as 60,000 people viewers piled on to Sheen’s Ustream site in anticipation of the show Sheen’s Korner, reports News.com.au.
Ten minutes before the broadcast and the numbers watching grew by something like 100 every second, all glued to a camera pointing at nothing and punctuated by the occasional bump or moving shadow in the increasingly familiar Sheen household.
By the time the 45-year-old actor took to the screen there were more than 100,000 people to witness his big opening act, tearing off a bandage on his wrist revealing a tattoo of the word “WINNING”- his new world famous mantra.
Despite such promising beginnings it appears the actor peaked too early.
After a largely senseless chatter between himself and what appeared to be a random selection of his entourage - including one of his so-called Angels - the group on camera ended up being reduced to chanting “Winning! Winning! Winning!” over and over.
It was not long before the peak of 115,000 viewers early on started to taper off as bored viewers abandoned the show.
At the same time the Twitter feed, which was so bombarded it was almost impossible to read each tweet, started to get a little negative. Sheen had committed the unforgivable showbiz sin of going from crazy and entertaining to crazy and boring.
Afterwards film director Judd Apatow - the man behind hits such as Knocked Up - was lethal in his assessment: “@charliesheen going from a hugely successful show which pays you millions to a free podcast might not be ‘winning’. Depends on definition.”
Entertainment website Crave Online described the 45 minute show as “a spectacle of disturbing and toxic proportions, sending the latest pop-culture craze deep into tragically sad territory”. (ANI)
- Charlie Sheen attacks critics on web rant - Mar 07, 2011
- Charlie Sheen videotapes crazy rant where he talks about writing a book - Mar 09, 2011
- Spears wants to do film for Pillips, Apatow - Feb 12, 2011
- Charlie Sheen's first tweet nets him 218,000 followers - Mar 02, 2011
- 'Two and a Half Men' crew livid over Charlie Sheen - Feb 18, 2011
- 'Crazy Loka' - good actors wasted (Kannada Movie Review) - Jun 09, 2012
- Megan Fox in talks for 'Knocked Up' spinoff - Mar 17, 2011
- Harry Judd doesn't mind being topless for the public - Dec 13, 2011
- 'Bridesmaid' is a unisex film: Kristen Wiig - Jun 23, 2011
- Charlie Sheen's bizarre rants generate hilarious spoofs - Mar 03, 2011
- Twitter record over Osama's killing - May 03, 2011
- Aziz Ansari is the next big thing: Forbes - Jul 06, 2010
- Charlie Sheen quits Twitter - Jul 15, 2012
- 'Two and a Half Men' opens with record ratings - Sep 21, 2011
- Megan Fox to star in 'Knocked Up'? - Mar 17, 2011
Tags: charlie sheen, culture craze, denigration, entertainment website, entourage, film director, free podcast, internet tv, judd apatow, mantra, melbourne march, million viewers, moving shadow, news com au, opening act, promising beginnings, random selection, successful show, tweet, ustream