Charlie Sheen files $100m lawsuit against Warner BrosMarch 11th, 2011 - 2:28 pm ICT by ANI
London, Mar 11 (ANI): Charlie Sheen has reportedly filed a 100-million-dollar lawsuit against Warner Bros over his sacking from the hit US TV show ‘Two and a Half Men.’
The troubled actor was fired this week, leaving the future of the sitcom in doubt, reports the Telegraph.
The actor said he is taking legal action on behalf of himself, and the programme’s crew, against the studio and executive producer Chuck Lorre.
Warner Bros had put the show on hiatus to allow Sheen time to seek therapy, then halted production after he made public rants about Lorre.
In terminating his contract the studio had claimed Sheen’s “conduct and condition prevented him from performing his essential duties” on the show, which is broadcast by CBS.
But in his 30-page lawsuit Sheen, the highest paid actor on US television, alleges that Warner Bros bowed to Lorre’s desire to “punish” him, and that the producer and studio conspired to blame him for causing production to stop.
In the lawsuit Sheen again attacks Lorre and accuses the producer of making him a “scapegoat.”
Sheen also claims that he was fired while he was sick, a breach of employment law.
However, Warner Bros did not immediately comment on the lawsuit. (ANI)
- Sheen settles lawsuit with Warner Bros - Sep 27, 2011
- Charlie Sheen plans to sue sitcom makers - Mar 01, 2011
- 'Two And a Half Men' may be re-launched sans Sheen - Apr 29, 2011
- Charlie Sheen fired from 'Two And A Half Men' - Mar 08, 2011
- 'Two and Half Men' production halted after Charlie Sheen assails creator - Feb 25, 2011
- Charlie Sheen sues Warner Bros for $100 mn - Mar 11, 2011
- 'Two and Half Men' reboot is in the pipeline - Apr 29, 2011
- Chuck Lorre planning new 'Two and a Half Men' without Charlie Sheen - Apr 29, 2011
- Charlie Sheen shopping $10m tell-all book? - Feb 27, 2011
- CBS boss 'wants to bring Charlie Sheen back on 'Two and a Half Men' - Mar 22, 2011
- Upset producer halts Charlie Sheen's TV show - Feb 25, 2011
- Ashton Kutcher to replace Charlie Sheen? - May 13, 2011
- Charlie Sheen in rehab - Jan 29, 2011
- Rob Lowe or John Stamos may replace Sheen in 'Two and A Half Men' - Mar 09, 2011
- Charlie Sheen officially fired from 'Two And A Half Men' - Mar 08, 2011
Tags: 100 million, breach, cbs, charlie sheen, chuck lorre, desire, dollar lawsuit, doubt, employment law, executive producer, hiatus, highest paid actor, london, page lawsuit, rants, scapegoat, sitcom, telegraph, two and a half men, warner bros