‘Charlie is emotionally child, going through hell’March 22nd, 2011 - 2:21 am ICT by IANS
London, March 22 (IANS) Troubled actor Charlie Sheen is still “emotionally” a child and is going through hell, according to his father Martin Sheen.
The American actor has been the subject of a media frenzy in recent weeks.
Speaking about his son’s current situation, the 70-year-old actor says he believes Charlie is still emotionally a child, adding, “Because when you’re addicted, you don’t grow emotionally. So when you get clean and sober you’re starting at the moment you started using drugs or alcohol”.
Contactmusic.com reports that Martin has also endured similar problems throughout his long and distinguished career in Hollywood, as he admits: “I know what hell he’s living in. I’ve had psychotic episodes in public. I know what Charlie is going through. And when you do something like that, that is out of control, that’s the most difficult thing. You have to have courage”.
In this state of mind Martin suggests, “Faith can help all of us. Addiction is the dark side”.
- Charlie Sheen is emotionally crippled by his addictions, says father Martin - Mar 22, 2011
- Martin Sheen says that Charlie Sheen is 'emotionally crippled' - Mar 22, 2011
- "Sheen and I aren't in the best place right now': Denise Richards - Apr 23, 2011
- Eastwood persuaded Sheen for rehab - Jul 08, 2012
- Charlie Sheen lost virginity at 15 - Jun 16, 2012
- Ellen DeGeneres: Martin Sheen and Emilio Estevez Discuss 'The Way' - Oct 19, 2011
- Wentz thanks Sheen for diverting media attention from divorce - Mar 15, 2011
- Morgan says Sheen is train wreck who makes his children suffer - Apr 28, 2011
- Charlie Sheen may be off drugs but damage has been done, say experts - Mar 10, 2011
- Sheen praised for bipolar awareness walk - Apr 18, 2011
- Charlie Sheen to join Sean Penn on charity trip to Haiti - Mar 05, 2011
- Charlie Sheen is set to perform in Haiti - Mar 22, 2011
- Charlie Sheen to give $1million as donation to USO - Jul 17, 2012
- Why was Sheen sacked from sitcom? - Jun 26, 2012
- People shouldn't judge Charlie Sheen so quickly, says ex Denise Richards - Feb 11, 2011