‘Chak De Phatte’ to highlight NRI marriagesApril 15th, 2008 - 9:37 pm ICT by admin
Chandigarh, April 15 (IANS) It’s neither a remake of the popular “Chak De India” nor does it give any sermons to a women’s hockey team on winning ways. And it is sans Shah Rukh Khan too. But that will not stop the makers of a Punjabi film - “Chak De Phatte” - to work out serious comedy. Titans of Punjabi comedy - satirist-actor Jaspal Bhatti, Gurpreet Ghuggi and several others - will be part of the new Punjabi movie that is being shot in the state to highlight the greed among Punjabi grooms to get married to non-resident Indian (NRI) girls.
The comedy film is about the foolish actions of a few Punjabi youth who want to get married to a rich Punjabi NRI girl and the failures they encounter in the process.
“It is a film with a deadly cocktail of Punjabi comedy. The film is not moralizing or preaching anything, but is only an honest comedy which aims to have the audiences laughing all the way,” director Sameep Kang said.
Shooting of the film started here Tuesday.
- Comic flick 'Chak De Phatte' to tickle Punjabs funny bone - Apr 26, 2008
- Punjabi comic flick 'Chak De Phatte' to tickle the funny bones - Apr 26, 2008
- Punjabi film to be released in Pakistan - Aug 26, 2012
- Punjabi industry lacks cinema knowledge, says comedian Ghuggi - Oct 06, 2011
- Chandigarh unhappy over protests against Osama movie - Mar 05, 2012
- Burn effigies, cook food - Jaspal Bhatti's style of protest - Jun 27, 2010
- 'Mere Dad Ki Maruti' goes on floors (With Image) - May 16, 2012
- No Thank You Copycat Jijaji - Jul 30, 2009
- Punjabi films attract budding singers - May 19, 2009
- 'Munde U.K. de', an NRI based romantic comedy movie - Apr 29, 2009
- Jaspal Bhatti sets up factory for foundation stones! - Nov 29, 2011
- Fourth 'Punjabi Film Festival' concludes in Amritsar - Apr 04, 2011
- Jaspal Bhatti wants poll panel to allow mud-slinging - Jan 05, 2012
- Thank Kalmadi and Raja, not Anna: Jaspal Bhatti - Aug 29, 2011
- Punjabi filmmakers want to tell realistic stories - Jan 16, 2012
Tags: audiences, chak de india, comedy film, deadly cocktail, girls, greed, grooms, gurpreet ghuggi, hockey team, jaspal bhatti, laughing all the way, satirist, serious comedy, sermons, shah rukh khan, titans, winning ways