Centre had warned Karnataka in advance about terrorist attacksJuly 25th, 2008 - 7:37 pm ICT by ANI
Kanpur, July 25 (ANI): Union Minister of State for Home Affairs Sriprakash Jaiswal today said that the Centre had forewarned the Karnataka and Andhra Pradesh governments about Bangalore and Hyderabad being possible terrorist targets.
The Intelligence Bureau had received inputs that terrorists could target the cybercities of Hyderabad and Bangalore. Both the state governments were told to be on high alert, he said.
Jaiswal said the main aim of the serial blasts in Bangalore was to spread terror.
The Centre is in touch with the state government and ready to offer all possible help, he added.
At least three people were killed and 20 injured in seven serial blasts that hit Bangalore city this afternoon.
The blasts took place between 2.30 p.m. and 4.00 p.m. at the Madivala bus stop, Hossur road, Adugudi, Koramangla, Mysore Road and Nayadahalli.
Bangalore Police commissioner, Shanker Bidri confirmed seven blasts that rocked the Bangalore city and said that a timer triggered the low intensity crude bombs.
Schools, colleges, cinema halls and commercial complexes have been shut down.
High alert has been sounded in other metros and State capitals.
The injured have been admitted to the St Johns Hospital in Bangalore. (ANI)
- Home Minister condemns Bangalore blasts (Update-Home Minister) - Jul 25, 2008
- Three killed, 20 wounded in seven Bangalore blasts - Jul 25, 2008
- Another live bomb in Bangalore defused - Jul 26, 2008
- Blast-hit Karnataka initiates probe - Jul 26, 2008
- Andhra Pradesh remains on high alert - Jul 14, 2011
- Government will work to prevent terror attacks: Minister - Jul 14, 2011
- Patil reviews Maharashtra security - Aug 02, 2012
- Blasts came two days after 5th anniversary of train bombings - Jul 14, 2011
- Chronology of recent terror attacks in India - Jul 13, 2011
- Security alert across India after Varanasi blast - Dec 07, 2010
- Varanasi blast: Two detained in Mumbai for terror email - Dec 08, 2010
- Leaders condemn Mumbai serial blasts - Jul 14, 2011
- Home Ministry issues high alert after Varanasi blast - Dec 07, 2010
- Vigil stepped up in Bangalore - Jul 14, 2011
- Jaiswal condemns Ahmedabad blasts, says Government will retaliate firmly - Jul 26, 2008
Tags: bangalore, bidri, cinema halls, commercial complexes, crude bombs, cybercities, home affairs, intelligence bureau, least three people, metros, minister of state, police commissioner, possible terrorist targets, serial blasts, shanker, st johns hospital, state capitals, state government, state governments, union minister