Celina realizes the power of team workMay 12th, 2009 - 12:50 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
By Joginder Tuteja
Celina Jaitley recently performed in a high voltage song, dance and action show for a music in news wedding (which also saw performances from the likes of Shah Rukh Khan, Neil Nitin Mukesh and Neha Dhupia amongst others) and has returned enlightened. Other from the basic excitement of being a part of an event that was held on a huge scale, the basic takeaway for her once the show commenced was the ’spirit of team work’.
“This was for the first time ever where I did a show of this scale. A successful team work was of utmost importance here”, says Celina who would soon be seen in ‘Paying Guest’, “I realized that as individual contributors we are nothing until and unless we work together as a team. I had this thing in the back of my mind but it was after ages when it came back strongly to me once I returned from the show.”
And what made her realize that?
“This was a performance where there was so much coordination required during the performance. Since it was not a regular song and dance routine but also involved some real stunts and action, there was quite some danger involved. There were dozens of dancers, fire works, pyro guys, cars blasting around you and everything else which you won’t dream to do in your day to day life. One slip here or there and you could have been history. In the end all of this turned out to be possible only because of some excellent coordination between so many people”, she explains in one quick go.
She is unable to forget the show even though she has moved on to her assignments in the week gone by.
“This was one of the first of it’s kinds in India and the biggest ever LIVE performance”, she smiles, “There were stunt bikers involved who were flying bikes high in the air. Attendance was quite heavy too. While there must have easily been more than a thousand people at the venue, there were hundreds of others who were standing in the balconies of the surrounding buildings. I was later told that quite few gate crashers also got in after breaking the barricades. Thank goodness it was all peace as on as well as off stage security was quite good.”
Celina can’t help but smile at some of the funny incidents that took place when the performance was on.
“I could understand children enjoying themselves and trying to reach near the stage but it was so much of fun to see some middle aged ladies also standing up on chairs and cheering for the performers. God bless them all. They only added up spice to the show. Ok, so I must have inhaled kilos of smoke during the performance but I guess it was all worth it”, she concludes with an air of satisfaction in her voice.
- Bollywood soon, but not yet: Madhuri - Jan 10, 2012
- I knew I'll be able to act easily, says Asha Bhosle at 77 (Interview) - Mar 03, 2011
- Priyanka hates being grown up (Movie Snippets) - Feb 23, 2012
- TV and bold scenes don't go together, says Pooja Sharma - Aug 06, 2012
- Medium not important for Sushant Singh Rajput (TV Snippets) (With Images) - Aug 03, 2012
- 'Bad boys' thrill Delhi - Mar 04, 2012
- America's Got Talent: Wild Card Results - Aug 19, 2011
- I pushed Chang beyond his level: Choreographer Marischa (Interview) - Mar 09, 2011
- America's Got Talent: Jackie Evancho, Fighting Gravity, Studio 1 Among Top 10 - Sep 02, 2010
- I have a split personality: Veena Malik (Movie Snippets) - Jul 02, 2012
- Watch 'Tezz' for fast paced action (IANS Preview) - Apr 24, 2012
- 'Srimathi' scores on performances (Kannada Movie Review) - Jul 09, 2011
- Badami makes Akshay sentimental (Movie Snippets) - Feb 08, 2012
- Jhalak Dikhla Jaa 4: Scintillating Street Dancing Round - Jan 12, 2011
- 'Step Up Revolution' actress find Kareena graceful - Jul 07, 2012
Tags: back of my mind, balconies, bikers, celina jaitley, dance routine, fire works, flying bikes, high voltage, joginder, live performance, neha dhupia, nitin mukesh, paying guest, shah rukh khan, song and dance, song dance, successful team, takeaway, there were dozens, utmost importance