Celina Jaitley Takes On NewcomerJune 15th, 2009 - 5:41 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
By Subhash K Jha
This isn’t first time it has happened. A young male wannabe getting his publicity machinery into top-gear to gain mileage by being linked with a glamorous actress.
But this is the first time in the history of our entertainment industry that an angry and humiliated actress has taken on a newcomer who dared to get himself linked to be noticed.
Celina Jaitley who has been shooting a thriller directed by Jagmoham Mundhra with the talented newcomer Abhimanyu Singh , was shocked to wake up on Friday morning to read about how “upset” Abhimanyu was to read about his link-up with Celina.
“What link-up is he talking about?Who linked him with me except himself? This is the first time I’ve heard about this so-called link-up” Celina could barely contain her anger.
Outraged and hurt by a fellow-actor’s blatant attempts to distort and misconstrue their association for publicity Celina rushed off an sms to Abhimanyu(text given below)
Says the actress, “This is a perennial problem.You are nice to a co-star and he decides to repay your kindness by planting cheap stories. Recently it happened to me when a co-star who’s a dear friend whom I don’t want to name gave out a story about how he “manhandled’ me on the sets.I didn’t react because all said and done, he’s a dear friend and a name in his own right. But Abhimanyu is a talented actor and I was just being nice to him as a co-star.”
Celina claims the actor has been spreading the “crude’ word about him and her to all who care to hear.
Celina says such incidents compel actresses like her to be cautious and guarded in their professional conduct. “Next time I’ll think twice before being nice to a co-star. But it’s sad to see actors , established or not-so-established using their co-star’s name for publicity. They take advantage of my single staus and friendly nature. But do they realize how such sleazy whispers could jeopardize my prospects of finding love?”
Celina’s SMS to Abhimanyu Singh : “Abhimanyu, u better stop talking about this so called link up. In the first place there’s no link , so stop going to the media and crying about things which don’t exist.” -Sampurn Media
- Celina Jaitly upbraids co-star for sleazy rumours - Jun 16, 2009
- Priyanka hates being grown up (Movie Snippets) - Feb 23, 2012
- Sonam will remain special to me, says Shahid Kapoor - Nov 25, 2011
- Link-up rumours part of our business: Bipasha Basu (With Images) - May 02, 2011
- Bipasha will be a good wife: Madhavan - Jan 14, 2012
- Being half-Indian is no problem in Bollywood: Angela Jonsson - May 21, 2011
- Representative: Jennifer Aniston is not dating Jason Sudekis - Jun 20, 2010
- Ranbir Kapoor Is Single - Sep 06, 2010
- Parineeti, Arjun say acting schools are important - Jun 02, 2012
- Deepika-Neil mutual fan club - May 24, 2010
- I was comfortable doing love scene with Bipasha: Rana Daggubati - Aug 22, 2010
- Ali Zafar turns guitar teacher for Katrina Kaif - Aug 10, 2011
- I've had enough, says Ranbir on link-up rumours - Mar 27, 2011
- Gul still fits into 10-year-old jeans (Movie Snippets) - Dec 29, 2010
- Courteney Cox sizzles in bikini while on beach with co-star Josh Hopkins - Apr 01, 2011
Tags: actress, actresses, celina jaitley, co star, dear friend, entertainment industry, fellow actor, finding love, friday morning, kindness, mileage, perennial problem, professional conduct, publicity, staus, subhash k jha, talented actor, talented newcomer, top gear, whispers