Celina Jaitley signs on Kannada film (Snippets)March 7th, 2009 - 8:55 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 7 (IANS) After playing a south Indian belle in comedy flick “Golmaal Returns”, Bollywood actress Celina Jaitley is signing a Kannada film titled “Shreemati”.
The beauty queen-turned-actress will star opposite Kannada superstar Upendra, who has already written the story and screenplay of the movie, said a source.
According to the source, the film is the remake of the Bollywood film “Aitraaz”, which starred Priyanka Chopra in the lead.
As a matter of fact, before Priyanka gave her nod to “Aitraaz”, Celina was approached for the role. However, she had refused it then.
Nana Patekar joins fitness freak bandwagon
Sixty-year-old Nana Patekar, known for his intense acting in Bollywood movies, is in the middle of rigorous gym sessions to build a tough physique for his forthcoming film “Ek-The Power of One”.
Nana plays the role of a CBI Inspector in the action film, which also stars Bobby Deol.
A source said: “Nana has worked very hard and built a commendable physique for the film. On one of the shooting days, when the entire unit had to climb up to the 15th floor of an under-construction building which did not have a lift, Nana sprinted with such ease. The entire unit was feeling ashamed for having complained about having to walk.”
Jaswant Khera, the executive producer of the film, said he got the chance to witness the lighter side of the actor while shooting for the movie.
“I had always heard of Nana to be a tough taskmaster but the person I met was absolutely contrary to his image. He has a terrific sense of humour and kept the entire unit in splits throughout,” said Khera.
Television’s ‘Ayushmaan’ waiting for ‘unique’ comeback
Remember Vinnod Singh, the innocent looking boy who played the lead role of a doctor in Sony TV’s popular show “Ayushmaan”? After a long sabbatical from the arc lights, he wants to make a comeback with a unique role.
“I have got so much love from my fans so I want to make the right choice and come back with a bang! It might be on television or it might be in Bollywood but whatever role I select, I want to choose something different and unique so that I don’t let my fans down,” said Singh.
Singh, who became a craze among the youngsters when he played the role of Ayushmaan, was also seen in shows like “Yeh Meri Life Hai”, “Amber Dhara” and “Ghar Ek Sapna”.
- 'Srimathi' scores on performances (Kannada Movie Review) - Jul 09, 2011
- Celina Jaitley has no Aitraaz to Kannada Film - Apr 03, 2009
- Prem Chopra in Kannada film - Sep 11, 2009
- Censor Board Gives 'A' certificate to Yaksha - Oct 07, 2010
- Nana Patekar Debuts In Kannada Films With Yaksha - Jun 16, 2010
- Kareena perfect choice for 'Heroine', says Priyanka - Dec 20, 2011
- Shreemati's third schedule to start soon - Mar 24, 2009
- It's good to be bad, says Priyanka - Jan 17, 2012
- 'Foodistan' winner wants to cook for Big B (Movie Snippets) - Mar 23, 2012
- Anurag Kashyap helps Nana with cop role in 'Shagird' (With Images) - May 04, 2011
- Celina shops in Paris, Bangkok for Kannada remake of 'Aitraaz' - Sep 17, 2009
- Nana Patekar's cops connection boon for 'Shagird' ((With Images) - Apr 20, 2011
- Bollywood beckons its married heroines - May 02, 2012
- Anjana Sukhani in 'Kamal Dhamaal Malamaal' item song - Apr 21, 2012
- Nana ready to dub for Yaksha - Jan 22, 2010
Tags: action film, arc lights, ayushmaan, bandwagon, beauty queen, bobby deol, bollywood film, cbi, celina jaitley, comedy flick, executive producer, fitness freak, forthcoming film, lead role, nana patekar, priyanka chopra, sense of humour, sony tv, taskmaster, upendra