Celina Jaitley denied entry in dad’s Bangkok pubMay 4th, 2009 - 3:15 pm ICT by IANS
By Joginder Tuteja
Mumbai, May 4 (IANS) Bollywood actress Celina Jaitley was denied entry in a Bangkok pub and restaurant owned by her dad, courtesy the short school uniform which she was wearing.
The guards not only failed to recognise her but also suspected her to be underage and stopped her from going inside.
Celina was shooting for “Paying Guest” in Bangkok and one of the sequences required her along with the other leading ladies Neha Dhupia, Riya Sen and Sayali Bhagat to be dressed in a school uniform.
Why did she choose to hop over to the pub dressed like that?
“First and foremost I had no clue that guards would stop me at the gate. Also, I was in the middle of a sequence and didn’t feel like getting in and out of costumes. I was anyways enjoying myself in a school dress and though it may have scandalised quite a few out there, I didn’t mind that at all,” Celina told IANS.
“In the first place, it was anyway quite funny to be dressed in a tight white shirt, red and black short skirt, hair band, white socks and black shoes. And then this incident happened where I was denied entry in my own pub. It was as funny as it could have got,” she added.
Celina tried to catch the attention of her dad through the glass pane. She waved at him and shouted along till the time he managed to realise her presence at the pub.
“Imagine his shock at seeing his girl dressed up like this. He was in a meeting with his business associates and they all had a collective expression of disbelief on their faces. My dad just came out, spoke to me for a while, lent me some money for shopping and went back in. He was so sure that he didn’t want a girl who may not have been underage but definitely looked like one get into his pub. For him, rules are rules,” she said.
After this, Celina walked into the nearest luxury mall for shopping.
“I made sure that I blew away all the money that I had laid my hands on. I wasn’t allowed to get into the pub and I vowed to make up for that lost opportunity,” she said.
Directed by first timer Paritosh Painter and produced by Subhash Ghai, “Paying Guest” also stars Shreyas Talpade, Ashish Chaudhary, Javed Jaffrey and Vatsal Sheth and Celina says: “It was back to being school and eight of us were having a rollicking time.”
The film is ready and the release date would be announced after the stand off between producers and multiplexes is resolved.
- West Bengal teacher strips girl in class - Jun 28, 2012
- Egypt wonderful to get married in: Celina Jaitley - Jan 08, 2011
- Clancy worried Crouch's cheating would harm their unborn child - Jan 04, 2011
- Rihanna was a UFO spotter - Mar 30, 2012
- I was obsessed with girl: Charlize Theron - Nov 29, 2011
- Marlo Thomas memoir looks back at her life with an affectionate stance - Oct 06, 2010
- I'm fuelled up, ready for challenges, says Hrithik post 'Agneepath' success - Jan 30, 2012
- Celina Jaitly gives birth to twin boys - Mar 24, 2012
- Gaga inherited raunchy behaviour from dad - Jul 23, 2011
- Healy banned Foden from over drinking before wedding - Jul 11, 2012
- Amazon Eve, world's tallest model towers over Playboy bunnies - Feb 08, 2011
- Gomez won't change for love again - Aug 17, 2011
- Woman calls cops after cafe waitress says she smells - Aug 04, 2012
- A photograph and a marriage - Dec 29, 2010
- Brit man, who changed gender, wins modelling contract - Mar 15, 2011
Tags: bangkok, black shoes, business associates, celina jaitley, clue, collective expression, disbelief, glass pane, hair band, joginder, mumbai, neha dhupia, paying guest, riya sen, sayali bhagat, school dress, school uniform, sequences, short skirt, white socks