Celina Jaitley basks in Kiwi attentionNovember 8th, 2008 - 9:05 am ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Nov 8 (IANS) Bollywood actress Celina Jaitley loved the attention she got from New Zealand’s rugby star Monty Beetham at the premiere of her first international film “Love Has No Language” in Auckland, but denies any chances of a romance with co-star Ben Mitchell.”I’m no stranger to male attention. Though I met Beetham only briefly, I believe he was quite taken up by what he called the Indian beauty. I was just floored by all the attention I got,” Celina, who featured in recent hit “Golmaal Returns”, told IANS.
Commenting on Mitchell, Celina said: “He scared the hell out of me with bugs and butterflies all the time. Believe it or not I’m terrified of butterflies. And although the film is called ‘Love Has No Language’, I couldn’t understand anything he said because of his Kiwi accent. Maybe because I wasn’t really in love with him.”
Celina rubbed shoulders with the crème de la crème of New Zealand at the premiere Nov 5.
“It was the grandest premiere I ever attended. About 800 Asians turned up to meet me besides the 325 formal invitees. We had the crème de la crème of New Zealand attending, including television, film and sports personalities.”
Hours before the premiere, Celina wasn’t sure she would be able to attend.
“I was down with this acute tummy infection. I was doubling up with cramps and pain. I really thought I won’t be able to attend. But at the last minute I squeezed into my Manish Malhotra gown and dragged myself to the red carpet. The effort was worth it.”
The movie got a standing ovation.
“Not only that, people stood in the pouring rain for autographs and pictures. I tried to oblige everyone. The New Zealanders are extremely warm. As I shook hands, the freezing cold melted away. Never mind that my gown shrank into a mini-skirt.”
- Imtiaz Ali attends Bhojpuri film's premiere in Patna - Dec 12, 2011
- Taylor Kitsch's dietary advice - Mar 04, 2012
- Evangeline Lilly wants another child - Oct 04, 2011
- I want to do a Bengali film now: Celina Jaitley - Dec 29, 2009
- Arjun Kapoor to play Yamraj in street play? (Movie Snippets) - May 10, 2012
- Celina going places, teams up with Sean Connery - Oct 21, 2008
- Egypt wonderful to get married in: Celina Jaitley - Jan 08, 2011
- Arnold, Schwarzenegger scolded over leaked 'hot legislator' phone chat - Dec 27, 2010
- Actress Kajal Aggarwal makes ramp debut - Aug 02, 2011
- Michelle Obama urges Brazilian youth to build friendships 'around the world' - Mar 20, 2011
- Radcliffe's scary moment - Feb 18, 2012
- Sex scenes with Kunis were awkward: Timberlake - Jun 15, 2011
- Woman gets $201,000 mobile phone bill! - Oct 19, 2011
- Hathaway happy with short hair - Jun 13, 2012
- Celina Jaitley unveils 'Jashn 2010 calendar' - Jan 16, 2010