Celebs turning to ‘ghost tweeters’ to update Twitter accountsMarch 27th, 2009 - 4:30 pm ICT by ANI
London, Mar 27 (ANI): With the fever of ‘Twittering’ catching on, celebrities are increasingly turning to outside writers - ghost tweeters - to keep their fans updated on the latest twists and turns of their lives.
A number of A-listers including US president Barack Obama and Britney Spears are employing staff to update their microblogs on the social messaging website, reports The Telegraph.
Singer Spears - one of Twitter’s most popular subscribers - had recently posted an advert for an assistant whose duties would include managing her official Twitter and Facebook accounts.
And Mr. Obama is not far behind. He has employed the services of a dedicated “social networking team” to create content for his online activities.
Other celebrities using Twitter include John Mayer, Ashton Kutcher, Lance Armstrong and Lily Allen. (ANI)
- Celebs use Twitter 'to get closer to audience, amplify professional status' - Oct 13, 2010
- Spears most popular celebrity on Twitter - May 25, 2010
- Shakira is seventh most popular person on Twitter - Aug 09, 2011
- Ashton Kutcher's Twitter Crown At Risk - May 22, 2010
- Spears threatens Kutcher's Twitter crown - May 16, 2010
- Shane Warne's new pastime - Twitter - Apr 04, 2010
- Now, buy followers on Twitter - Jul 07, 2009
- Lady Gaga beats Spears to top spot on Twitter - Aug 22, 2010
- Kim Kardashian has 5 million followers on Twitter - Oct 08, 2010
- Justin Bieber makes up 3pc of Twitter traffic - Sep 09, 2010
- Lady Gaga Snatches Twitter Crown From Britney Spears - Aug 23, 2010
- Twitter feed inspires Ashton Kutcher's second TV sitcom - Sep 29, 2010
- Britney's show the best, say Hilton, Kardashian - Jun 22, 2011
- Ashton Kutcher trumps CNN to become 'First Twitter Millionaire' - Apr 17, 2009
- Justin Bieber now has 11 mn Twitter followers - Jul 14, 2011
Tags: advert, ashton kutcher, barack obama, britney spears, celebrities, employing staff, facebook, fever, ghost, john mayer, lance armstrong, lily allen, listers, networking team, social networking, subscribers, telegraph, tweeters, twists and turns, twitter