Celebs suggest Cheney’s imprisonment at Tribeca Film Festival partyApril 27th, 2009 - 5:47 pm ICT by ANI
New York, Apr 27 (ANI): Robert De Niro and Graydon Carter’s Tribeca Film Festival opening night party last week at the state criminal courthouse inspired celebrity guests to suggest the possible prosecution of US politician Dick Cheney.
Cheney, 68, who served as Vice President during George W. Bush’s presidency, has been accusing President Obama of risking national security by releasing CIA documents about waterboarding and other torture used against terror suspects.
Regarding his own participation Cheney called it legal, but human rights activists have called for his indictment.
“I was delighted that they published the stuff,” the New York Daily News quoted Bono as saying, though he wasn’t sure Cheney should be tried.
But author Salman Rushdie has been very forward about his feelings.
“I want to see Cheney in jail,” he said.
“There used to be a tradition in this country that when people leave office, they shut the hell up.
“President Bush has done that. If Vice President Cheney could learn that lesson, the world would be a better place,” he added. (ANI)
- Cheney is 'a strong believer' in waterboarding - Jun 02, 2009
- Bush fell out with Cheney over aide's spy scandal - Nov 09, 2010
- Dick Cheney used to keep his resignation letter in a secret place - Aug 25, 2011
- Former Vice President Dick Cheney Calls President Barack Obama "One Term President" - Jan 19, 2011
- Bush almost dumped "Darth Vader of administration" Cheney as running mate - Nov 03, 2010
- Dick Cheney claims in memoir that Colin Powell took cheap shots at him during Bush era - Aug 29, 2011
- Dick Cheney Is Now Feeling Better: Liz Cheney - Jun 28, 2010
- Dick Cheney heckled at CPAC - Feb 11, 2011
- Dick Cheney Says He Offered To Quit Vice Presidency Thrice - Jan 18, 2011
- 'Waterboarding' of terror suspects warded off attacks on Britain, claims Bush - Nov 09, 2010
- George Bush says that he would waterboard 9/11 plotter again - Jun 04, 2010
- Republican Dick Cheney Voices That He Offered To Quit The U.S. Vice Presidency On Three Occasions - Jan 18, 2011
- Bush's faith in history's judgement beginning to come around, says Cheney - Nov 17, 2010
- Movement to foot Cheney for 2012 presidential elections against Obama - Dec 06, 2009
- Ex-US vice president Cheney has heart transplant - Mar 25, 2012
Tags: author salman rushdie, celebrity guests, cia documents, criminal courthouse, dick cheney, george w bush, graydon carter, human rights activists, imprisonment, indictment, new york daily news, obama, politician, president bush, prosecution, robert de niro, salman rushdie, tribeca film festival, vice president cheney, york daily news