Celebrity beauty salon owner pleads guilty to cheatingJanuary 23rd, 2011 - 10:13 pm ICT by IANS
London, Jan 23 (IANS) A beauty salon boss accused of scamming A-list clients including Liv Tyler and Jennifer Aniston out of thousands of dollars has pleaded guilty to a charge of fraud before a US court.Maria Hashemipour was arrested in August last year over charges of stealing her clients’ credit card information and making fraudulent purchases on their behalf.
Hashemipour, owner of the Beverly Hills Chez Gabriela Studio, is said to have tallied $280,000 in unauthorised charges to clients including Aniston, Tyler, Anne Hathaway, Halle Berry, Cher and Melanie Griffith, reports imdbc.com.
On Friday she entered a guilty plea to one count of access device fraud at Los Angeles federal court on the condition another 40 charges against her would be dropped.
The 51-year-old faces a fine of up to $240,000 and a maximum 10-year prison term when she is sentenced at a later date. She has been ordered to pay back her victims in full.
Hashemipour also faces possible deportation from the US after admitting she hails from Mexico, not Spain as she originally claimed when entering the country.
Hollywood jewellery designer Loree Rodkin, who first notified police of Hashemipour’s scam when she reported that $63,000 was charged to her card without her authorisation, is glad that justice has been served.
“I’m happy it’s over and she’s going to jail. I’ve recovered the money from the credit card company. But it’s the fact someone can steal from you who is in a position of trust. It’s staggering,” said Rodkin.
- Beauty salon owner faces 10 years in jail for swindling A-list celebs - Jan 22, 2011
- Beverly Hills' Salon Busted For Credit Card Fraud - Aug 20, 2010
- Chez Gabriela Studio Owner Accused Of Cheating High Profiled Clients - Aug 20, 2010
- Jennifer Aniston Criticises Chez Gabriela Studio Owner - Aug 21, 2010
- Aniston, Cher, Liv Tyler among 'victims' in credit card scheme - Aug 19, 2010
- Beauty salon owner accused of scamming Aniston under house arrest - Aug 22, 2010
- Jennifer Aniston not surprised by credit card scam - Aug 20, 2010
- Jennifer Aniston hairdresser facing 501 years behind bars - Oct 26, 2010
- Cher victim of Twitter death hoax - Jan 28, 2012
- Woman jailed for claiming benefits pretending to be single - Jan 24, 2011
- US woman steals credit card for bigger boob job, jailed - Dec 07, 2010
- Liv Tyler sports rock star look in ad - Feb 17, 2012
- Liv Tyler's friends have a crush on her dad - Jun 24, 2011
- Liv Tyler to help grandmother to write a book on manners - Apr 20, 2011
- Two Florida men plead guilty to bank fraud and credit card conspiracy - Mar 23, 2010
Tags: anne hathaway, authorisation, beauty salon, credit card information, deportation, device fraud, fraudulent purchases, gabriela, going to jail, guilty plea, halle berry, jewellery designer, liv tyler, london jan, loree rodkin, melanie griffith, old faces, prison term, salon owner, tyler anne