Celebrities have responsibilities: Big BJune 29th, 2012 - 1:56 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, June 29 (IANS) Megastar Amitabh Bachchan feels the association of celebrities with social causes is a result of the responsibility that comes with their star status.
“A celebrity has a responsibility, but it also has a great brand marketing at its doorstep. It is expected then, for them to be associated with some cause that is of social and moral nature. And there is a genuine interest taken up by the stars of the popularity charts,” Amitabh wrote on his blog bigb.bigadda.com.
“Some talk about it as must they should, or how else would attention be drawn to it from the masses. Some like to be quiet about it. Do their share of work and not allow it to become an exercise in public relations!!” he added.
The 69-year-old is attached to various social causes, one of them being polio eradication. Amitabh is Unicef’s brand ambassador against polio.
- Big B to be honoured for polio work - Apr 06, 2012
- Big B wants polio-free nation, happy no polio case in 2011 - Dec 15, 2011
- Big B happy India is polio-free - Feb 26, 2012
- Amitabh Bachchan discharged from hospital (Lead) - Feb 23, 2012
- Fame isn't perpetual: Big B - Mar 29, 2012
- Big B hooked on to 'Homeland' - Mar 11, 2012
- Nikhat Kazmi was generous: Big B - Jan 21, 2012
- Big B wishes Ash on her birthday - Nov 01, 2010
- Big B shoots for Maggie noodle ad - Jun 10, 2012
- Big B may feature in Rajasthani movie - Jul 27, 2011
- Song, dance a major crisis for me: Big B - May 09, 2012
- Amitabh to inaugurate school for special children - Jan 10, 2012
- Surinder Kapoor was kind hearted: Big B - Sep 25, 2011
- Mika has unique voice: Big B - Apr 23, 2012
- People questioned my social service: Big B - Sep 17, 2011
Tags: ambassador, amitabh bachchan, blog, brand marketing, celebrities, celebrity, doorstep, exercise, genuine interest, june 29, moral nature, mumbai, polio, polio eradication, popularity charts, public relations, star status, unicef