Celebrities also are human beings: Big BJune 2nd, 2012 - 8:02 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 2 (IANS) Megastar Amitabh Bachchan, whose daughter-in-law actress Aishwarya Rai has recently found herself in the midst of media attention due to her post-pregnancy weight, says he is amazed by the worldwide interest in celebrity lifestyle.
He rues how celebrities have to carry a smile on their face even in the worst times.
“Celebrity interest is not just an Indian phenomenon, it is worldwide too. If you are celebrity, this is the cross you shall perforce have to carry with a smile. Do no wrong and you shall be safe, but be prepared for the worst even when a small wrong has been done,” Amitabh wrote on his blog bigb.bigadda.com.
“Celebrities are not some outer world aliens, they are as human as you and me. Mistakes and errors will be made and shall be highlighted. The courage and strength to continuously face it, is what counts. Some do a marvellous job, others succumb. Some make light of it, others get affected,” he added.
The 69-year-old says while some are able to cope, others succumb to constant media scrutiny.
“Each has his or her own way of dealing with it. But this must be remembered. Printed in black and white and seen now in colour on screens of idiot boxes, is a record for posterity and eternal. Whether it is right or wrong is not the issue,” he said.
“What has been registered is registered for life and beyond too. Those that still live have opportunity to bear and deal with it as should they would. Those that have left us for heavenly abode, are not present today to defend or clarify an accusation or an opinion they may have disagreed with,” he added.
- Fame isn't perpetual: Big B - Mar 29, 2012
- Big B defends Indian cricket team - Aug 17, 2011
- Big B prepares for abdominal surgery - Feb 09, 2012
- Big B wishes Ash on her birthday - Nov 01, 2010
- Big B to launch his voice blog in Britain - May 17, 2011
- Big B remembers early Kolkata days - Dec 25, 2011
- Melody missing from today's songs: Amitabh - May 08, 2011
- Amitabh, Jaya team up after 10 years for jewellery ad - Mar 22, 2011
- Big B gets better, comes out to greet fans (With Image) - Mar 12, 2012
- Amitabh to inaugurate school for special children - Jan 10, 2012
- Big B to be honoured for polio work - Apr 06, 2012
- Song, dance a major crisis for me: Big B - May 09, 2012
- Celebrities have responsibilities: Big B - Jun 29, 2012
- Heart goes out to Mumbai blast victims: Big B - Jul 14, 2011
- Amitabh to learn sitar, sarod - Mar 21, 2012
Tags: accusation, actress, aishwarya rai, aliens, amitabh bachchan, bigb, celebrities, celebrity lifestyle, courage, heavenly abode, human beings, marvellous job, media attention, midst, New Delhi, phenomenon, posterity, screens, scrutiny, worldwide interest