Celebrate Star Wars Day by greeting your friend, “May The Forth Be With You!”May 4th, 2009 - 11:20 pm ICT by GD
Star Wars is a name that most people across the globe appreciate and celebrate. The phenomenal success of the films over so many years has proved that these cinematic extravaganzas are not merely celluloid stories. They go beyond cinema. They have formed a huge industry in and around the movies, through its adaptations, television series, video games, comic books, merchandise etc. This craze and this popularity had started way back in the year 1977, when the first film was released.
Today, the 4th of May is considered as the ‘Start Wars Day’ by millions of fans of Star Wars. And most of them wish each other with the cult line- “May the force be with you!” This is a cult line from the series, albeit with a little pun. The word, ‘force’ is conveniently replaced with the word ‘fourth’.
Interestingly, the 4th of May is not really the day when the first movie of this epic saga was released. It was 25th May. But a well received and well circulated joke is very difficult to change. And so…”May The Forth Be With You!”
Star Wars Day is a special occasion which is celebrated all over the world by the enthusiastic fans. When George Lucas made the first film, he really had no idea what he was creating. This wish-line was actually uttered by Han Solo to Luke, right before the attack on the Death Star battle station. The line is also spoken by Luke Skywalker at the end of Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back. The original line is ranked at the 8th position in the American Film Institute’s list of top 100 movie quotes.
- 'Star Wars' actor Mark Hamill loses Luke Skywalker charms - Apr 02, 2011
- "May the 4th be with You" - Today is 'Star Wars Day' - May 04, 2010
- 'Star Wars' fans thrilled after seeing lost Return of the Jedi clip - Aug 16, 2010
- 'Darth Vader' revealed Star Wars sequel two years before its release - Nov 11, 2010
- Darth Vader's psychology revealed - Jun 06, 2010
- Ryan Murphy Considered For 'Rocky Horror' Remake - Oct 20, 2010
- Star Wars in 3-D to hit theaters in 2012 - Sep 29, 2010
- Chile's 'Star Wars' school to teach kids martial arts - Mar 13, 2011
- Would Josh Holloway join Cruise? - Sep 29, 2010
- Dev Anand's 1961 classic 'Hum Dono' in colour - Dec 04, 2010
- Luke Kenny's 'Zombie?' to come in three parts - Jan 09, 2012
- Zac Efron wants to play Luke Skywalker in new Star Wars TV series - Apr 10, 2009
- Kannada Star Sudeep's Birthday Celebrated On September 2 - Sep 07, 2010
- Ashok Kumar: The undervalued legacy of a renaissance actor (A tribute on his birth centenary Oct 13) - Oct 12, 2011
- Ash, Bhandarkar launch 'Heroine' in Cannes (With Images) - May 13, 2011
Tags: adaptations, american film institute, comic books, cult, death star battle, enthusiastic fans, epic saga, george lucas, globe, joke, luke skywalker, phenomenal success, pun, special occasion, star wars, star wars episode, star wars episode v, star wars episode v the empire strikes back, television series, video games