Catholic group to protest against Madonna’s Poland concertJune 11th, 2009 - 5:44 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, June 11 (ANI): Pop queen Madonna’s upcoming concert in Poland has run into trouble after a Catholic group announced plans to protest the show.
A committee is hoping to keep the ‘Material Girl’ off the stage in Warsaw on 15 August (09), as it coincides with the Assumption of Mary feast - a holy date in the Catholic Church, reports Contactmusic.
A Catholic Society representative insists that the Madonna’s shows on her Sticky & Sweet tour are anti-Christian and would clash with the religious celebration.
The society has also urged Polish government officials and tour promoters to cancel the show.
However, if the show goes ahead, the group has promised to “stifle Madonna” by staging a picket line outside the venue. (ANI)
- Madonna snubs Polish campaigners with controversial gig - Aug 17, 2009
- Madonna fans wish her B'day with a song during Poland gig - Aug 17, 2009
- Chaurasia's magic flute charms Poles - May 17, 2012
- Madonna an 'ex-wh***', says Russian deputy PM - Aug 09, 2012
- Citta the elephant predicts Polish win over Russia - Jun 11, 2012
- Madge heads to Tel Aviv to wrap Sticky & Sweet tour - Jun 03, 2009
- Priest sex scandal shocks Poland - May 01, 2012
- Poland remembers Tagore, sways to Gurudev's musical - May 03, 2012
- Moscow tightens security for Polish embassy - Jun 16, 2012
- Madonna is unlucky for Bulgaria, say religious leaders - Sep 10, 2009
- Unholy row over 'world's tallest' Jesus - Oct 31, 2010
- Kerala Christians observe Passion Week - Apr 01, 2012
- Bhagavad Gita now in Polish language - Mar 25, 2012
- Good Friday observed in Meghalaya - Apr 22, 2011
- Obama undertakes two-day Poland visit - May 28, 2011
Tags: amp, assumption of mary, catholic church, catholic group, catholic society, feast, government officials, madonna, material girl, picket line, poland, polish government, pop queen, religious celebration, society representative, tour promoters, warsaw