Catherine Zeta-Jones to play Liz Taylor in biopic?May 1st, 2011 - 3:16 pm ICT by ANI
London, May 1 (ANI): Catherine Zeta-Jones is rumoured to be in the running to play Dame Elizabeth Taylor in a Hollywood film about the late actress’s tumultuous love life.
According to show business sources in Los Angeles, the Welsh beauty who recently underwent treatment for bipolar disorder, is on the shortlist along with Angelina Jolie.
Swansea-born Catherine, an Oscar winner herself, is said to have expressed a strong interest in the part because of Taylor’s long association with Wales through Richard Burton, Dame Elizabeth’s great love and husband in two of her eight marriages.
“To play Liz Taylor would be a dream come true for Catherine. It would certainly be one of the most testing roles of her career,” the Daily Express quoted a Hollywood source as saying. (ANI)
- Jolie, Zeta-Jones may play Elizabeth Taylor in biopic - Jul 20, 2010
- Jolie and Zeta Jones to battle out for Elizabeth Taylor role - Jul 19, 2010
- Jolie beats Zeta-Jones to play Taylor in biopic - Aug 02, 2010
- No One Can Replace Liz Taylor - Jul 23, 2010
- Jolie, Zeta-Jones will not portray me in biopic: Elizabeth Taylor - Jul 24, 2010
- Marilyn Monroe voted top Hollywood bombshell of all time - Feb 27, 2011
- Elizabeth Taylor denies biopic reports - Jul 23, 2010
- Brangelina to host Olympic party? - Jun 14, 2012
- In US, Zeta-Jones misses family - Jun 17, 2012
- Zeta-Jones' kids like cheap holidays - Jun 15, 2012
- Lindsay Lohan's Wardrobe malfunction in 'Dick and Liz' - Jun 06, 2012
- Catherine Zeta-Jones to play Cleopatra - Jun 18, 2012
- Jolie 'to play Elizabeth Taylor' - Aug 01, 2010
- Stress triggers Catherine Zeta-Jones's bipolar disorder - Apr 16, 2011
- Proud of Zeta-Jones for seeking help: Demi Lovato - Apr 15, 2011
Tags: actress, angelina jolie, biopic, bipolar, business sources, catherine zeta jones, daily express, dame elizabeth taylor, elizabeth taylor, hollywood, hollywood film, liz taylor, love life, may 1, oscar winner, richard burton, shortlist, swansea, wales, welsh