Cate Blanchett would love to have more childrenMay 11th, 2009 - 2:49 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, May 11 (ANI): Aussie actress Cate Blanchett has revealed that she would love to have more children.
Blanchett, 39, a mum of three, wants to expand her brood and bring them up in Australia.
“I’d love to have more children,” the Age quoted her as telling InStyle magazine.
“Just when, I don’t know. But the thing is, we hadn’t planned any of the others. They just popped out. So you shouldn’t overplan these things. If it happens, it would be great,” she added.
The actress and Sydney Theatre Company co-director moved back to Sydney in 2006 with her husband, playwright Andrew Upton, and their two older sons, Dashiell, 7, and Roman, 5, before the birth of Ignatius, 1.
“It was after our second son was born [in Britain] that we started to get homesick and our homing instincts got a lot stronger,” she said.
“You do start to miss family,” she added.
Blanchett, who turns 40 on May 14, has been nominated for two awards at the inaugural InStyle Women of Style Awards, to be held at Australian Technology Park in Eveleigh. (ANI)
- Blanchett wants to be mother more than friend - May 07, 2011
- Blanchett takes kids to work - Jul 28, 2012
- Blanchett welcomes criticism from husband - May 18, 2010
- Cate Blanchett loves doing household chores - Nov 28, 2009
- Cate Blanchett's fitness mantra - Jun 24, 2010
- Blanchett not patient enough to direct films - Mar 01, 2012
- Cate Blanchetts hubby names himself the hand - Oct 25, 2008
- Cate Blanchett and Andrew Upton extend stay at Sydney Theatre Company - Jan 01, 2010
- Cate Blanchett and hubby put environmental conservation as first priority - Sep 06, 2010
- Cate Blanchett bags inaugural Women of Style award Down Under - May 13, 2009
- Having kids is very addictive, says Cate Blanchett - Jun 30, 2008
- Cate Blanchett, hubby credited with transforming Sydney Theatre Company - Jan 04, 2010
- I was 'tempting fate' to get pregnant and it worked: Kate Hudson - Apr 20, 2011
- Cate Blanchett supports rainwater harvesting - Sep 04, 2011
- Cate Blanchett gives birth to third son - Apr 14, 2008