Cate Blanchett to take part in “A Streetcar Named Desire”March 10th, 2008 - 3:33 pm ICT by admin
Washington, Mar 10 (ANI): Australian actress Cate Blanchett will be taking part in Tennessee Williams’ “A Streetcar Named Desire”.
The show, which will be directed by Norwegian actress turned director Liv Ullmann, is a part of the Sydney Theatre Company’s 2009 season, reported Variety.
Blanchett and her husband, Andrew Upton, had announced the production, with the pair having the top job at Oz’s biggest theatre company in January.
The play, “A Streetcar Named Desire”, will take place in August 2009 at the 800-seat Sydney Theatre, where Blanchett will be seen playing the role of Blanche DuBois. So far no other production has been announced for the year 2009.
Meanwhile, Blanchett, who is due to have her third child next month, is directing Robyn Nevin in Joan Didion’s “The Year of Magical Thinking,” which opens March 29.
It will join the ensemble of “The War of the Roses,” which is an amalgam of Shakespeare’s plays from that period in English history, due next January. (ANI)
- Cate Blanchett and Andrew Upton extend stay at Sydney Theatre Company - Jan 01, 2010
- Cate Blanchett Mermerizes Audiences With Her Performance In "A Steetcar Named Desire" - Nov 09, 2009
- Gwyneth Paltrow to share stage with mother in Broadway musical - Apr 19, 2010
- Rachel Weisz wins best actress trophy - Mar 22, 2010
- Jude Law, Rachel Weisz bag top honours at Critics' Circle awards - Jan 27, 2010
- Cate Blanchett supports rainwater harvesting - Sep 04, 2011
- Blanchett takes kids to work - Jul 28, 2012
- "A Streetcar Named Desire" To Be Staged Once Again - Sep 26, 2010
- Gwyneth Paltrow to appear opposite mom in stage musical - Apr 18, 2010
- Cate Blanchett, hubby credited with transforming Sydney Theatre Company - Jan 04, 2010
- Cate Blanchett calls for improvements in Sydney for theatre - Mar 10, 2011
- Watson wants to play Juliet! - Sep 24, 2011
- Two Indians and Liv Ullmann - in one film - Dec 14, 2011
- Blanchett not patient enough to direct films - Mar 01, 2012
- Blanchett extends contract with Sydney theatre - Jan 03, 2010
Tags: amalgam, andrew upton, australian actress, blanche dubois, cate blanchett, director liv ullmann, english history, husband andrew, joan didion, liv ullmann, magical thinking, nevin, shakespeare, streetcar named desire, sydney theatre company, tennessee williams, tennessee williams a streetcar named desire, third child, top job, war of the roses