Cate Blanchett greenovates her new mansionDecember 5th, 2007 - 5:28 pm ICT by admin
Sydney , Dec 5 (ANI): Aussie star Cate Blanchett and her playwright husband Andrew Upton are reportedly spending more than 1.5 million dollars their home eco-friendly.
The greenovations include Grey water recycling, a 20,000-litre water tank, solar panelling and energy-saving lights. Palm Beach-based Lesiuk Architects, specializing in environmental jobs, is in charge of the renovation.
However, as most renovations do face problems, this one was no exception and it appears the project has had a couple of setbacks, according to Hunters Hill general manager, Barry Smith.
Like any of these projects these big projects they get an approval for a building and say, oh hang on it doesnt work, shes had a couple of those, Realestate.com.au quoted Mr Smith, as saying, referring to the pool renovation that was waiting for approval.
Astonishingly, although Mr Smith said they were happy the high-profile Aussie movie star was greenovating, he did not pay any heed to the notion that Cate was an eco-pioneer for the prestigious North Shore suburb.
He claimed that many residents were environmentally conscious and had renovated their homes to reduce their carbon footprint.
The star of Elizabeth : The Golden Age seems to be boasting her eco-friendly tendencies everywhere; catching eco-friendly taxis at the airport and publicly announcing her eco-political views.
And Cates green thumb is already showing itself at the Sydney Theatre Company, where she takes up appointment as co-artistic director with her husband, in 2008. The pair has confirmed their plans to make the Company green, with new works set to reflect those at their home.
“We intend to initiate discussions with companies with the aim of making the building self-sufficient, to green the building. We are talking solar panels, rainwater, the works! This would ideally generate enough power to do a whole season off the grid. This would be the first theatre company in the world to do that, Upton told a press conference. (ANI)
- Cate Blanchett calls for improvements in Sydney for theatre - Mar 10, 2011
- Cate Blanchett's theatre 'goes green' - Jun 26, 2010
- Blanchett not patient enough to direct films - Mar 01, 2012
- Cate Blanchett supports rainwater harvesting - Sep 04, 2011
- Oz man proposes to girlfriend with ad on realestate.com.au - Oct 01, 2010
- Maharashtra considers more incentives to green buildings - Apr 08, 2011
- Amritsar joins pilgrim cities' pledge to go green - Nov 07, 2011
- 'Green toys' pull visitors to Delhi expo - Jul 01, 2012
- Gisele Bundchen named greenest celebrity - Dec 01, 2011
- Cate Blanchett, hubby credited with transforming Sydney Theatre Company - Jan 04, 2010
- Priyanka Chopra To Be The Nation's Green Ambassador - Aug 10, 2010
- Tata Power's 800 MW thermal plant operational in Gujarat - Jul 19, 2012
- Solar panel energy - way to greener technology, or is it? - Feb 24, 2011
- Cate Blanchett and hubby put environmental conservation as first priority - Sep 06, 2010
- UAE opens 'green' service station - Jan 07, 2011
Tags: aim, andrew upton, aussie, carbon footprint, cate blanchett, eco friendly, energy saving lights, grey water recycling, hunters hill, husband andrew, litre water tank, north shore suburb, pool renovation, prestigious north shore, sydney theatre company