Cate Blanchett credits husbands humble ego with marital blissFebruary 3rd, 2009 - 2:31 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Feb 03 (ANI): Oscar-winning actress Cate Blanchett says that her superstar status isn”t an issue in her marriage to director Andrew Upton.
The pair has been married for 11 years and has three kids.
And The Curious Case of Benjamin Button star is adamant their relationship has lasted so long because her husband is so humble.
“He’’s got a very strong sense of self. He’’s married to a woman who, at the moment, is in a noisy phase in her career. But he’’s also been with me when it’’s not that noisy, and he knows there’’s not a lot of difference in me, or in us. I”m incredibly lucky to be with someone like that, Contactmusic quoted her, as telling America’’s Vanity Fair magazine.
“Because my face is more recognised than his, there’’s a reverse sexism; somehow his career path is seen as more dispensable, less important. That’’s just garbage. I have deep respect for what he does, and likewise. If I was a theater actor, it wouldn”t be an issue, she added. (ANI)
- Blanchett welcomes criticism from husband - May 18, 2010
- Cate Blanchett supports rainwater harvesting - Sep 04, 2011
- Oscar Winner Cate Blanchett lends her voice to 'Family Guy' - Apr 30, 2011
- Angelina Jolie talks about her directing tryst - Aug 30, 2011
- Cate Blanchett says her hubby would divorce her if she had plastic surgery - Dec 30, 2008
- Blanchett criticised over tax scheme campaign - May 30, 2011
- Jessica Biel in awe of Meryl Streep - Oct 15, 2010
- Cate Blanchett and Andrew Upton extend stay at Sydney Theatre Company - Jan 01, 2010
- Blanchett wants to be mother more than friend - May 07, 2011
- Cosmetic surgery scares Cate Blanchett - Mar 05, 2012
- Is Kate Upton Mark Sanchez's girlfriend? - Dec 21, 2011
- Blanchett not patient enough to direct films - Mar 01, 2012
- Brad Pitt's 'Moneyball' to be in the theaters on the 23rd of September - Sep 21, 2011
- Cate Blanchett to get Walk of Fame star - Dec 02, 2008
- Blanchett takes kids to work - Jul 28, 2012
Tags: 11 years, actress, andrew upton, career path, cate blanchett, curious case of benjamin button, ego, garbage, marital bliss, marriage, relationship, sense of self, superstar status, theater actor, three kids, vanity fair, vanity fair magazine