Catch European classics at film fest in capitalJune 9th, 2010 - 3:45 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 9 (IANS) Cinema buffs in the capital can look forward to catching a quality selection of meaningful movies touching upon war, modern myths, environment, romance and religion at the European Film Festival (EUFF), being held June 12-20.
As many as 23 movies will be showcased at the festival and Belgian movie “The Hell of Tangiers” will flag it off at the Teen Murti Bhavan auditorium.
It was earlier held in Goa, Mumbai and Chennai. The flavour of the fest is contemporary with the movies casting spotlight on the diverse gamut of socio-political and cultural realities and human drama that the European Union has been battling as it struggles to bind the disparate racial ethos.
Some of the movies to be screened at the festival include “Investigator (Hungary)”, “Chopin, Desire for Love (Poland)”, “Small Engine Repair (Ireland)”, “One Hundred Nails (Italy)”, “Solitude (Spain)”, “Grave Decisions (Germany)”, “Roosters Breakfast (Slovenia)”, “7 yrs (France)”, “In Real Life (Netherlands)”, “Soul at Peace (Slovakia)”, “The Age of Stupid (UK)”, “The World is Big and Salvation Lurks Around the Corner (Bulgaria)”, “All the Queen’s Men (Austria)” and “Playing Solo (Finland)”.
Entry to the festival will be free on a first-come-first-served basis at the Teen Murti Bhavan as well as the India Habitat Centre.
An annual affair, the fest gives a perspective of the growing socio-cultural ties between India and the European Union.
- Goa to host European Union film festival - Apr 23, 2010
- Slovenia invites Indian investments and tourists - Dec 27, 2011
- Indian gypsy cultures on show ahead of Games - Jul 29, 2010
- Karnataka bans holding of tomatoes festival Sunday - Sep 16, 2011
- 'Little Europe' in Delhi University - Oct 12, 2010
- Jamia to host 3rd Arab film fest - Nov 19, 2011
- Tisca Chopra to host 42nd IFFI opening ceremony - Nov 22, 2011
- Taking magic of Indian cinema to 'film-friendly' Melbourne - Jun 02, 2012
- Taiwan film fest to start in capital - Sep 06, 2010
- Flower show lures tourists to Chandigarh - Feb 28, 2010
- Missed it at Cannes? Catch it in Mumbai - Oct 18, 2011
- My art is my aspiration for Telangana: Thota Vaikuntam (With Images) - Mar 12, 2011
- Kerala set for literature gala - Nov 15, 2011
- Festival of India in France to begin April 14 - Mar 20, 2010
- Karbi Anglong's Ronthean Festival promoting a unique Assamese lifestyle - Dec 07, 2010
Tags: chopin, cinema buffs, european classics, european film festival, european union, film fest, first come first served basis, flavour, gamut, goa, grave decisions, human drama, india habitat centre, mumbai, myths, New Delhi, quality selection, realities, roosters, solitude