Casey Affleck’s ‘I’m Still Here’ screened at VeniceSeptember 7th, 2010 - 5:00 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
September 7, 2010 (Sampurn Wire): Casey Affleck made his directorial debut with the documentary film “I’m Still Here’, which was screened in Venice recently. The movie revolves around the life of Casey’s Brother-in-law Joaquin Phoenix, and his downward spiral from an actor to a hip-hop musician.
Speaking about his latest project, Casey said that he will not comment if the movie is a set up or the real deal, as he does not want to influence the decision of the audience. Affleck seemed very excited about the film as he has put in a lot of effort into its making. While speaking about the mix of reality and fiction in the movie, Affleck said, “I can tell you there is no hoax. It makes me think of “Candid Camera’ or something.”
The film is filled with dark and graphic scenes about the Academy Award nominated Phoenix, who plays the central character of the movie. The famous character decided to switch from a thriving acting career and went on to become a hip-hop artist; this did not work out too well for him.
The film tries to find out the real reason behind Joaquin’s sudden change in career plans. It shows Joaquin taking drugs, looking for online sex. The film also depicts Joaquin attacking a spectator at one of his concerts. Affleck confirms that phoenix is not hiding from the movie and he is comfortable with its contents. Affleck said that everyone who hates their current job and wants to break free will be able to connect with the Joaquin at an emotional level.
– Sampurn Wire
- Actor Casey Affleck says that his film 'I'm Still Here' is 'performance art' - Sep 19, 2010
- Joaquin Phoenix Apologizes To David Letterman - Sep 24, 2010
- Joaquin Phoenix's "I'm Still Here" Is A Hoax - Sep 18, 2010
- Joaquin Phoenix docu 'packed with scenes of sex, drugs and nudity' - May 12, 2010
- Joaquin Phoenix's David Letterman Appearance A Hoax Too? - Sep 17, 2010
- Casey Affleck wanted people to give up disbelieving - Sep 23, 2010
- Indian idioms for free-style western performances? The debate grows (Lifestyle Feature) (With Images) - Jun 29, 2012
- Ben Affleck brings his heist film to Venice film festival - Sep 09, 2010
- Female producers defend Casey Affleck in sexual harassment suit - Aug 04, 2010
- Joaquin Phoenix musical plans are for real, says rep - Jan 29, 2009
- 'Tanu Weds Manu' director teams up with Eros for next - Apr 20, 2011
- Casey Affleck dismisses sexual harassment claims - Jul 27, 2010
- 'KBC 6' rehearsals on, Big B happy (Movie Snippets) - Aug 14, 2012
- Nick Cannon to direct movie - Feb 02, 2012
- Jon Hamm envious of Ben Affleck's Physique - Sep 15, 2010
Tags: academy award, acting career, candid camera, career plans, casey affleck, central character, directorial debut, documentary film, downward spiral, emotional level, graphic scenes, hip hop artist, hoax, joaquin phoenix, real deal, real reason, spectator, sudden change, taking drugs, venice