Cartoon show launches entertaining maths tutorialsDecember 11th, 2010 - 7:41 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 11 (IANS) Popular children’s educational show “Galli Galli Sim Sim” launched “Math & Money Sense Educational Kit”, an initiative to impart numerical literacy in an entertaining format, here Saturday.Sashwati Banerjee, executive director of “Galli Galli Sim Sim”, says their target audience is not only the primary children but also their parents.
“Our prime focus is on children from one to eight years. But surprisingly, we are receiving queries and suggestions from parents and grandparents too in bulk. They follow our show and specifically make it a point to sit with the kids to explain them what we try to explain on the show,” Sashwati told IANS.
“Galli Galli Sim Sim”, which is aired on Pogo and Cartoon Network channel, is much more than a show and has been associated with 20 NGOs across India.
“We strongly believe that early childhood education is one of the prerequisites to having a healthy society. However, without investing in the right tools and teaching modules, one cannot achieve inclusive education for all the sections of the society,” she said.
“We specifically design our formats in regional languages to make it easy for the kids to understand,” Sashwati added.
“Galli Galli Sim Sim” has been working in India for about five years and worldwide for over 40 years.
- Mobile, projectors to educate kids on health, hygiene in Gujarat - May 15, 2012
- Qualcomm launches 3G radiophone project for children in India - Aug 31, 2011
- Care, classes for labourers' children at Games sites (With Images) - Apr 23, 2010
- 'Galli Galli...' new season aims to teach kids about teamwork - Oct 07, 2010
- Radio show for Gurgaon school kids - Sep 27, 2011
- Not just kids, adults too are hooked to kids art show - Oct 21, 2010
- HASTENING THE HOLIDAYS, POGO LAUNCHES - Apr 08, 2009
- A SUMMER CARNIVAL OF INDIAN ANIMATION ON CARTOON NETWORK and POGO - Apr 28, 2009
- Summer bonanza awaits children on television - May 13, 2010
- Films, TV shows influencing child crimes? - Feb 11, 2012
- Obesity does not impact exam results - Jul 15, 2012
- POGO launches M.A.D. Creations Art books - Dec 21, 2010
- Parents' poor math linked to medication errors - Apr 29, 2012
- Dreams no bar for kids at prison play school - Aug 02, 2011
- Frankfurt Book Fair launches training campaigns in India - Aug 27, 2011
Tags: cartoon network, cartoon show, early childhood education, educational kit, executive director, galli galli sim sim, inclusive education, initiative, literacy, money sense, New Delhi, ngos, parents and grandparents, pogo, prerequisites, prime focus, queries, regional languages, right tools, target audience