Carter likely to sue tabloid over Jackson remarkJuly 4th, 2011 - 1:55 pm ICT by IANS
London, July 4 (IANS) American singer Aaron Carter is considering taking legal action against a US tabloid which quoted him saying that pop legend Michael Jackson offered him cocaine when he was a teenager.
Carter, a long-time friend of Jackson, reportedly told OK! magazine’s Daphne Barak that the King of Pop offered him wine and drugs when he was 15.
He said this in an interview that recently ran in the US and Australian issues of the publication.
The young singer insisted he did not make the remarks. Jackson’s older brother Randy claims Carter is looking at legal options, reports contactmusic.com.
“I was suspicious about the comment… From what I understand, Carter has already denied ever making that statement and he is considering suing OK magazine. When negative things like this surface, it is hard not to have an emotional reaction. But the truth eventually comes out,” Randy posted on micro-blogging site Twitter.
- Jackson gave me cocaine: Aaron Carter - Jul 01, 2011
- Enrique offered $4 mn for 'American Idol'? - Sep 08, 2012
- Michael Jackson: Did Sony Use Fake Voice For ‘Breaking News’ - Nov 12, 2010
- MJ's youngest brother hospitalised with chest pains - Jun 16, 2010
- Concert promoters termed MJ 'emotionally paralyzed mess' - Sep 03, 2012
- Did Janet Jackson Secretly Get Engaged To Wissam Al Mana? - Oct 23, 2010
- MJ 'sacked longtime friend and collaborator Quincy Jones' - Sep 12, 2010
- Some songs on MJ's new album are bogus, says Randy - Nov 19, 2010
- American Idol: Top Twelve Girls Perform - Mar 03, 2011
- Aaron Carter Enters Rehab To Sort Out Emotional And Spiritual Issues - Jan 24, 2011
- Sean Combs undergoes shoulder surgery - Nov 17, 2011
- Spears, Trawick engaged - Dec 17, 2011
- Aaron Carter enters rehab - Jan 24, 2011
- Is Conrad Murray Responsible For Michael Jackson’s Death? - Jan 05, 2011
- "American Idol" Premieres Tonight With New Judges - Jan 19, 2011
Tags: aaron carter, american singer, blogging, brother randy, cocaine, daphne barak, drugs, emotional reaction, july 4, king of pop, legal options, long time friend, michael jackson, ok magazine, pop legend, singer aaron, teenager, truth, us tabloid, wine