Carrie Underwood supports same-sex marriageJune 13th, 2012 - 5:08 pm ICT by IANS
Los Angeles, June 13 (IANS) Singer Carrie Underwood supports same-sex marriage and says people should be free to marry whosoever they like.
“As a married person myself, I don’t know what it’s like to be told I can’t marry somebody I love,” contactmusic.com quoted Underwood as saying.
“I can’t imagine how that must feel. I definitely think we should all have the right to love, and love publicly, the people that we want to love,” she said.
The 29-year-old, married to ice hockey player Mike Fisher Carrie, is the latest celebrity to come out in support of same-sex marriage after Jay-Z, The Wanted and Snooki.
“Our church is gay-friendly. Above all, god wanted us to love others. It’s not about setting rules, or saying, ‘Everyone has to be like me’. No. We’re all different. That’s what makes us special. We have to love each other and get on with each other. It’s not up to me to judge anybody,” she said.
- Underwood upsets fans by supporting gay marriage - Jun 23, 2012
- Underwood happy with hubby, says he loves her craziness - Aug 15, 2012
- Hubby's presence disturbs Carrie Underwood - Apr 09, 2012
- Jay-Z and me love changing nappies: Beyonce - Sep 11, 2012
- Carrie Underwood completely trusts husband - May 03, 2012
- Underwood likes missing her husband - May 10, 2012
- 'Jersey Shore' is just like prison with cameras, says Snooki - Mar 03, 2011
- UK royals urged to back gay marriages - Apr 25, 2011
- Jay-Z wants to be US President - Nov 04, 2010
- Underwood advises Cyrus to have long engagement - Jun 11, 2012
- Beyonce ready to have kids - Aug 19, 2011
- Carrie Underwood not ready to start family - Nov 17, 2010
- Carrie Underwood wants to adopt child - Sep 27, 2011
- King Hammer retaliates at Jay-Z with his new song 'Better Run Run' - Nov 02, 2010
- Carrie Underwood not ready for kids - Apr 16, 2012